Fishing in PA

LeatherneckPA

Recycles dryer sheets
Apologies if this is in the wrong area.

Like I said in another thread, my Dad was a refugee from Jersey City. So growing up I never got learn anything from him about things like hunting and fishing. And I like doing both, even if I'm NOT very good at either one.

I'm wondering if there is anybody living near me (Williamsport, PA) who would like to get together and try to teach me how to get more pleasure (pronounced - FISH) out of my fishing this summer.

retiredbop said:
Apologies if this is in the wrong area.

Like I said in another thread, my Dad was a refugee from Jersey City. So growing up I never got learn anything from him about things like hunting and fishing. And I like doing both, even if I'm NOT very good at either one.

I'm wondering if there is anybody living near me (Williamsport, PA) who would like to get together and try to teach me how to get more pleasure (pronounced - FISH) out of my fishing this summer.

I live in Minnesota and have never fished in PA. - I did book a trout guide in PA last week for this coming May, to fish in South Central PA, while we're on vacation visiting Gettsburg etc. - There is some very good trout fishing down there.

If want more Pleasure out of your fishing, I would advise you to take up fly fishing. Contact some of your local Trout Unlimited groups, Fly Shops, Fly Fishing Federation Groups and sign up for a 2-3 day course in Fly Fishing. You will look at fishing in a whole new perspective other than just FISH. Our local club in Minneapolis teaches such a course every year and I am one of the instructors.

Best advice I can give you. ;)

I live in PA, but I don't fish!

Retiredbop, how about going to Gander Mountain some afternoon and chatting up the folks who work in the fishing department? They might have some ideas. Or you might run into some like minded people who would be happy to meet you out on the river someday.

I'll be going to Gander Mountain later this spring. I was talking to one of my CO's and he "designed" a multi-species tackle box for me that I can outfit for under $100 and have a blast pretty much anywhere he says.

Back
Top Bottom