Fl VS the Carolinas

Depends on exactly what you're after. I'll take Charlotte metro over the Triad any day, but the weather is probably very similar.

Live in the Triad area. Moved from the Cleveland Ohio area nearly 40 years ago (Wow, that seems odd saying that). The humidity in late July and August in Cleveland was worse than here, but only lasted for about 4 -6 weeks. Here, the humidity is high for about 4-5 months. After a month or so, you get used to it though. The weather in Charlotte is always a few degrees higher that here, and the risk for major storms seems higher there (Greensboro is protected by the mountains in the west, and enough distance from the ocean to avoid many of the storms).

That said, the live in the Triad is nice. People complain about the commute. I point out that if the traffic is bad, I take a different route home and make it in 25 minutes instead of 15! Taxes aren't bad here, the state legislature is a microcosm of our federal Congress, dysfunctional at times, but the people who live here would give you their shirt off of their backs if you need it.

Now,if we can keep those pesky Yankees from moving down here and ruining it!

My favorite line from here:
"Hold my beer while I show you this!":popcorn:

Agree, I grew up in Triad and have been all over country but still love coming back after each trip. Having a place at the beach is always a nice get away though.

Another benefit of the Triad region is the transportation. The access to interstates is great with I40 and I85, the new I73 and I74 getting in place as well as the state routes. This allows for easy access to the mountains of NC, VA and TN as well as the SC, NC and VA beaches. To top it off, the airport is large enough to get you anywhere with no lines and easy parking.

Back
Top Bottom