Flatten the Curve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such confusion: experts insisting we stay in our homes (social distancing) as much as possible and then a Congressman urging us all to go out to pubs and restaurants so they don't go out of business. I know who I'm going to trust on the subject.

Such confusion: experts insisting we stay in our homes (social distancing) as much as possible and then a Congressman urging us all to go out to pubs and restaurants so they don't go out of business. I know who I'm going to trust on the subject.
While I agree, there are plenty of smart politicians who aren't kidding themselves, or their constituents...

People are being ignorant. Buy products at a normal pace, that way supplies can be managed and "crowds of people" will not be in one place at the same time. :facepalm:

I have said before, and will say again, this is becoming a self fulfilling prophecy. There is NO DOUBT IN MY MND that the 24 hour news cycle is helping to drive this pandemic.

If bars and restaurants get closed here a lot of people will be in trouble because tourists won’t come at all. More people will be homeless.

People are being ignorant. Buy products at a normal pace, that way supplies can be managed and "crowds of people" will not be in one place at the same time. :facepalm:

I have said before, and will say again, this is becoming a self fulfilling prophecy. There is NO DOUBT IN MY MND that the 24 hour news cycle is helping to drive this pandemic.

That and social media. Including internet forums.

If bars and restaurants get closed here a lot of people will be in trouble because tourists won’t come at all. More people will be homeless.

They just got closed for 3 weeks in my state. Take out only. Bars closed. I'm sure it will hurt. A lot. but some should be able to survive it. Makes me wonder if a federal program to re-imburse them for losses might work. Should be pretty easy to figure revenue for each establishment and approximate loses for such a short period. I'm thinking an IRS function. Average annual profit reported for the business, times 3/52 or something...... Would make all of those that underreported profits think twice about doing it again....

They just got closed for 3 weeks in my state. Take out only. Bars closed.

Plus all schools are closed, no gatherings over 25 people and all colleges are shutting down for the remainder of the school year (online classes) . I applaud gov. Baker for taking these steps as community infections have been detected in 7 counties.

Plus all schools are closed, no gatherings over 25 people and all colleges are shutting down for the remainder of the school year (online classes) . I applaud gov. Baker for taking these steps as community infections have been detected in 7 counties.

Yes, I agree. A speed bump, but we can make this work.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom