Florida Blue Open Enrollment has begun

MichaelB

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
Just a reminder, like the last couple of years, BCBS Florida has started 2019 open enrollment for ACA policies a month early and is now open for business. I just looked at the cost of my current policy, and it's up 11% (not including age), which is above the preliminary / expected increases.

Last edited:
Just a reminder, like the last couple of years, BCBS Florida has started 2019 open enrollment a month early and is now open for business. I just looked at the cost of my current policy, and it's up 11% (not including age), which is above the preliminary / expected increases.

Is it open for Obamacare too, or have to wait until Nov 1st?

Is it open for Obamacare too, or have to wait until Nov 1st?
It is open enrollment for ACA policies. I edited my post to include that and avoid confusion.

It is open enrollment for ACA policies. I edited my post to include that and avoid confusion.

Thanks. Looks like one can't enroll on the Healthcare.gov site just yet.
So are you saying one can enroll through the Florida Blue site, even though it is for an ACA policy, vs. a regular policy?

It appears you can enroll, unless you are taking a tax credit (ie, most of us), in which case you must wait until Nov 1. But the immediate good news is the 2019 plans are all there, you can get the estimate on the tax credit and check providers etc.

It appears you can enroll, unless you are taking a tax credit (ie, most of us), in which case you must wait until Nov 1. But the immediate good news is the 2019 plans are all there, you can get the estimate on the tax credit and check providers etc.

Yes agree after further research.

Back
Top Bottom