Flu Shots 2020

Flu Season Update Week 44: For the week ending 10/31/2020, seasonal influenza activity in the United States remains low. Out of a reported 32,500+ tests, only 38 were positive. https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/index.htm

Attachments

• Flu44.JPG
    Flu44.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 77
DW and I had our wellness exams yesterday. She had the regular dose flu and 1st of 2 Shingrix shots, I had the high dose flu and pneumonia 23 (had the 13 last year). A couple hours after getting home we both started feeling fatigued and both slept a couple hours. We both woke up feeling no better and had low grade fevers. Both arms were very sore, she can't lift her right arm (shingrix). We're both running fevers, me at 98.8 (my normal is always 97.5) and her at 100.5 and she has to cancel her mammogram visit for today. Hope we feel better today.

DW and I had our wellness exams yesterday. She had the regular dose flu and 1st of 2 Shingrix shots, I had the high dose flu and pneumonia 23 (had the 13 last year). A couple hours after getting home we both started feeling fatigued and both slept a couple hours. We both woke up feeling no better and had low grade fevers. Both arms were very sore, she can't lift her right arm (shingrix). We're both running fevers, me at 98.8 (my normal is always 97.5) and her at 100.5 and she has to cancel her mammogram visit for today. Hope we feel better today.
Yep, the Shingles shots are brutal, we were down all day. Just know it gets better within 24 hours:)

I usually don't bother with flu shots; I'm a minimalist when it comes to meds of any kind (but NOT an anti-vaxxer) and, knock wood, I can't remember the last time I caught whatever was going around. I did get a cold followed by a nasty sinus infection late last year but have no idea if that was caused by whatever bug the vaccine would have addressed.

This year I decided to get a flu shot. I figured that I do NOT want this to be the year I get a severe case of the flu and need to show up in an UrgentCare or, heaven forbid, the ED of a hospital. I got mine at CVS, by appointment, in an area partitioned off, with no one in the area around us except the pharmacist administering it and of course we were both masked.

Still procrastinating on the Shingles shot although I got the old version years ago. Somehow I can't identify a period of 3 days when I can be flat on my back if I get bad side effects!

Still procrastinating on the Shingles shot although I got the old version years ago. Somehow I can't identify a period of 3 days when I can be flat on my back if I get bad side effects!

Based on my sample size of two (the young wife and me), you may not need three days. In both cases, we were fine the day of the shot, knocked out the day after and back to normal by the third day.

My DW has had both shots 1 and 2 of Shingrix. Zero effects. I'm waiting till 2021 to get both in the same Part D year. I had the Zostavax shot maybe 5-6 years ago. 2021 may be a real zoo to try to get a non-Covid shot!

My DW has had both shots 1 and 2 of Shingrix. Zero effects. I'm waiting till 2021 to get both in the same Part D year. I had the Zostavax shot maybe 5-6 years ago. 2021 may be a real zoo to try to get a non-Covid shot!
+1

My DW and I had slightly sore arms for a day. After that no effects.

Just joined and I get NO Flu Shots, no vaccines at all, maybe had a couple when I was in early 40's but none in 40 yrs....Keep my own Immune System strong and healthy....take a good load of supplements.

Just joined and I get NO Flu Shots, no vaccines at all, maybe had a couple when I was in early 40's but none in 40 yrs....Keep my own Immune System strong and healthy....take a good load of supplements.

You are free to do what you want. In that vein, if you get the flu or refuse the COVID vaccination, in the spirit of being an anti-vaxxer, I would hope that you don’t go to the hospital and take up a bed in the ICU. Your lack of responsibility should not be the reason someone else who took the recommended precautions is denied care.

Out of mundane curiosity, do you wear a mask and social distance when you are around other people?

beowulf: I'm really NOT going to start an exchange on how I take care of my health, I am content with my choices. Thank you.

And when I'm around other people I use my common sense. I don't live in fear.

I have asked the moderators to review jam12’s posts.

I agree. This topic is flu shots 2020. It’s not a place to disparage people who believe in taking appropriate vaccinations. I suspect that jam12 is a troll looking for an argument.

I’m gonna ignore jam12, for their misplaced/ignorant beliefs in support of supplements, and against vaccinations.

The world has become a nutty place - I had hoped this sort of anti scientific drivel would be restricted on sites like this.

a bit sensitive today stephenson, are you?
can't handle another person's ideas if they're different than yours?
might as well put me on your ignore list also.

Back
Top Bottom