For fun. When did you first realize you were no longer 25?

bclover

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Sooo, yesterday I went to the West Chester food and beer festival and pretty much tried to eat my way down one side of the fair grounds & up the other. :D
paying for it today. Kids are thinking of declaring the bathroom as a toxic waste superfund site.

When did That happen:confused: I use to be a heavyweight at food festivals darn it. The St. Anthony's Italian fair has a plaque dedicated to me....

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1505675831560.jpg
    FB_IMG_1505675831560.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 118
When I read a post on our local bulletin board where someone mentioned an "elderly lady, aged 54-60".

Also every time I go up and down stairs....arthritis is taking over.

That's a good question. Probably when I realized I enjoyed hanging out w/ my Dad's drinking buddies (who were all in their 80's) more than my similar aged friends! ;)

When I turned 26.

+1
Age 25: OMG! I'm half way between 20 and 30!
Age 26: OMG! I'm getting OLD!
Age 40: OMG! I'm middle aged!
Age 50: OMG! When can I retire?
Age 60: OMG! Now I'm REALLY OLD!

+1
Age 25: OMG! I'm half way between 20 and 30!
Age 26: OMG! I'm getting OLD!
Age 40: OMG! I'm middle aged!
Age 50: OMG! When can I retire?
Age 60: OMG! Now I'm REALLY OLD!

+1
sometime in this past year, I have come to realize I can no longer eat/tolerate any fried foods. Healthier, but not as much fun! :LOL:

No longer 25? What? I'm NOT? Why wasn't I informed? Did I miss a memo?

Noticed at 40 that things started to change more drastically.

Yeah, pretty much the same for me. Around 40 my once perfect eyesight started to get a little wonky, and a few years later I started noticing that I couldn't drink a few glasses of wine every night with dinner without some gastric distress. Turned out to be a mild form of acid reflux that continues to be an off-and-on issue. Sigh...

+1
sometime in this past year, I have come to realize I can no longer eat/tolerate any fried foods. Healthier, but not as much fun! :LOL:

I guess it's somewhat age related, but having my gallbladder taken out has had consequences. Most foods I can eat without issue, but on occasion I will over do it, or I just lack the intestinal fortitude I had 20 years ago and my body will punish my transgression with crippling pain.

I used to play basketball and flag football (which at times was more like tackle football without pads) very regularly,. Many times it was with my older sons and their friends, trying to convince myself that I was still young. Of course as I got older my "recovery from soreness time" started getting longer.

At the age of 42, the day after playing a couple of football games, I was so sore I could barely move. Unfortunately I also had to get on a plane for a 5 hour flight. When the flight arrived I seriously thought I would have to request a wheelchair to get off the plane. I was the last one off... the process to make it down the runway, get to baggage claim, drag my bags to a rental car, and get to the hotel was so painful that to this day I do not know how I managed without assistance. I kind of dragged myself around to meetings that week.

Tylenol helped a bit, but I really did not to depend on it on a regular basis. At that point I realized I was no longer young, and it was probably time to retire from contact sports with these youngsters. A few months later, after playing full court basketball with a younger group for several hours, getting totally exhausted, and having the same sore feelings for the several days, convinced me for sure. :)

When I read a post on our local bulletin board where someone mentioned an "elderly lady, aged 54-60".

That's absurd. Maybe someone who's 55 would be viewed as "elderly" by a 7 year-old child, but who else thinks of people in their 50s this way? To me, the word elderly has always implied a state of frailty, both mental and physical, and I personally know of no one in their 50s or 60s who fits that description.

When my 30 something year old neighbors started to call me ma'am and when some 30 something year old colleagues started to call me mom.

I have mentioned a few times here that I have gone "back to school" and on a couple of occasions, fellow students have gotten on the elevator have said, "Good morning, professor..." to me.
:(

... I started noticing that I couldn't drink a few glasses of wine every night with dinner without some gastric distress. Turned out to be a mild form of acid reflux that continues to be an off-and-on issue. Sigh...

Wow, this is me exactly! I thought it was just me and bad family genes. Kind of comforting to hear otherwise. I've started adding a little water to my wine glass that seems to help some along with a daily probiotic.

At 31. For some reason that hit me hard. At 40, because nature flip a switch my body started working against me. First time to need reading glasses, first blood pressure issues, etc.

I am 43 but still feel 25-ish. The other day I was carded at the grocery store and the 20-year old clerk said that I was her mom's age. It shook me...

I have mentioned a few times here that I have gone "back to school" and on a couple of occasions, fellow students have gotten on the elevator have said, "Good morning, professor..." to me.
:(
I hope you go with it at least occasionally and have some fun with that. LOL

55 for me, like someone flipped a switch (to the off (or dim) position).

When the ladies really look good and I realized they had white hair.
Ain't that the truth. In my case maybe not white tressed but either with plenty of salt in the pepper (or cinnamon) or "Only Mrs Clairol knows for sure".

There are some hot grandmas out there.

Back
Top Bottom