For the Civics Experts

Breedlove

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Our small community 12 miles from a town of approx. (1000 ) . Our little area has decided to incorporate . They have a lawyer doing the wordsmithing and a vote will come up soon . We are told this is to hold off a sub division , to get a water system and clean up the open sewers . Right off the bat they say the state will give us 38000 for our VFD . Now is this worth it , we live 22 miles from a real town with a Walmart or grocery store , but we are being told it is coming soon . We are told that we will still have no taxes . This is Texas . Anyone been through this before :confused:

Open sewers? By all means incorporate!

No open sewers that we think of but a guy will run his sewage into a buried 55 gallon drum . Once it fills up he gets another and starts again . NOT acceptable.

I have seen a number of areas throughout the years with a general lack of government. There are regulations requiring proper management of waste with sewers or at least with septic systems that drain properly. Mosquitos in places with poor waste management are serious carriers of diseases.

I have also seen underserved communities incorporate for the wrong reasons. I remember a city in the Mississippi Delta with open sewer ditches. They had huge government monies come into the city only to have the funds disappear--taken by crooked contractors and politicians. Then also had many government schooling and social programs where the funds never got to the right place.

Government in the right place and time can be good for the community. But look out for the least bit of corruption as new cities can be a license to steal for politicians and their relatives.

No open sewers that we think of but a guy will run his sewage into a buried 55 gallon drum . Once it fills up he gets another and starts again . NOT acceptable.

There are state laws and county requirements regulating proper sewage treatment in Texas. Why aren't they being enforced?

Call the TCEQ and report this guy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom