For women only How to LBYM and stay clothed

Linney, your posts compel me to go to confession. I'm still waiting for an enlarged avatar pic, but I won't hold my breath! ;)

Linney, your posts compel me to go to confession. I'm still waiting for an enlarged avatar pic, but I won't hold my breath! ;)

Ah Lawrence, you're such a sweetie that I've decided to give in and post an enlarged avatar pic.

(and apologies to Moemg for going so far off topic!)

My husband helped out with this. He's heard so much about how the early-retirement.org crowd loves pancakes that he put THREE of them in the picture. I don't think he got the message that they are supposed to be on my head, however . . .

--Linney

Attachments

• Pancake Gal.jpg
    Pancake Gal.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 144
As cheap as I am, I do tend to ask the wife to buy her stuff at Vickies. It last 10 times longer, (not to mention looks great), and she never has to worry about the wire from the bra poking her breast.

Now THAT's funny! :2funny:

Best application of pancakes yet. I'm sure your husband is perfectly happy with their placement!

What I do, and have always done, is to buy clothing on sale at the end of the season. But now it's even easier and better because "end of season" is really "middle of season"! So, stores like J.Jill have fabulous 50% off sales. Since I don't need a work wardrobe I just buy a few new pieces to keep up to date and so that I don't look like I stepped out of the "way-back" machine!

Also, for cheap clothing, Target is the place--thank God for China and the trade deficit!

You know, the one thing I really miss since I retired...nice clothes. I never did have those really expensive clothes but just nice "work clothes". I don't go anywhere any more so that I can wear nice things like that any more. Isn't that a weird thing to miss about working?

What I do, and have always done, is to buy clothing on sale at the end of the season. But now it's even easier and better because "end of season" is really "middle of season"! So, stores like J.Jill have fabulous 50% off sales.

I love JJill .It is my absolutely favorite store .The clothes I get from there I wear until they literally fall apart plus they have great sales.

I think I'm getting an urge for a "Manzier"

What I do, and have always done, is to buy clothing on sale at the end of the season. But now it's even easier and better because "end of season" is really "middle of season"! So, stores like J.Jill have fabulous 50% off sales. Since I don't need a work wardrobe I just buy a few new pieces to keep up to date and so that I don't look like I stepped out of the "way-back" machine!

Also, for cheap clothing, Target is the place--thank God for China and the trade deficit!

Yes! if you time things right, you can pick up GREAT deals at the right time...just off season, so don't buy anything trendy - something that will look good for a few years and you scored! i love going into the high price stores with the things i LOVE but don't often buy cuz their retail price is way too high, but 75% off puts them in my budget :D

but i guess bra's don't have seasons...just cycles for the lastest model vs. old...my target clothes have not held up that well, but i do get a basic t, tank or capri there once in a while...but i find after you wash it can shrink, warp, wear out pretty fast! the Gap has crazy sale prices and you can get shirts/pants for $2-10 very often...you can also find out what day the "mark down" so if you come in the next day, the sales racks are full (my friend used to work there and the employees always snagged the great $2 items...

I love the Gap outlet for their basic stretch tees usually about $6.00 and last forever .

Thanks for all the tips, gals!

Attachments

• femina07791.jpg
    femina07791.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 137
:-* aaaaw hfwr, glad you felt comfortable enough to share the real you!

I am speechless at some of these posts!!!

:2funny::2funny::2funny::2funny:

I second the Target undergarments! My VS goodies have been a huge dissappointment. All that $$$ and my Target bras were constructed better, not stretched out and still comfy with underwires where they are supposed to be! VS & Fredericks for the sexy stuff though! (and they DO have sales if you get on the mailing lists and cruise the online cupon codes :))

If you like Target undies, try Old Navy's...they're softer...

OK - bras do need to fit well - have two types, those for working out and those for other times - don't like to wear on weekends or off days - too uncomfortable when compared to just a little tank top. Do have some excellent French underwear that is art - walked around Galleries Lafayette last year in Strasbourg - whole second floor was devoted to women's underwear - the bras are beautiful.....and they fit well :) They also cost a lot, although with sales, they can be had for good prices.

Underwear - all-cotton comfortable is most important - can't stand uncomfortable underwear and never got into the 'butt floss' - thongs - that are popular - reminds me too much of the wedgies we used to give each other as kids - YUCK!!!! Hanes or Jockey on sale is great.

Love some very daintly all cotton tank tope or camisoles I got in Italy and Switzerland - some of the most comfortable undies I've ever worn - with a little bit of lace for that feminine touch :)

I think that's enough info.....

Plus why do women have to pay more than guys for the same items .Bathing suits ! Guy bathing suits are $19.99 and women bathing suits are a days pay ! What's fair about that !

Ah because girls spend two weeks selecting their bathing suits and guys spend about 2 minutes, except for metro guys who spend 2 hours. So after a woman has spent two weeks looking for the perfect suit the fact that it cost $120 is less important than not having too spend another two weeks looking.

On the other hand if guys see a suit we like for $30 and we another one we like for $20, we can spend the extra $10 on beer to make sure we look even better in the $20 suit :D

Ah because girls spend two weeks selecting their bathing suits and guys spend about 2 minutes, except for metro guys who spend 2 hours. So after a woman has spent two weeks looking for the perfect suit the fact that it cost $120 is less important than not having too spend another two weeks looking.

On the other hand if guys see a suit we like for $30 and we another one we like for $20, we can spend the extra $10 on beer to make sure we look even better in the $20 suit :D

well, men's suits are typically two rectangles sewn together...mine has industrial spandex and nylon, and pretty sparkles sewn on the front...that adds a few extra bucks of labor :D

:-*

Boys- take note, when i was working in lingerie there were hubbies who came in, married for over 20, 30, 40 years and had no idea what size their wives wore...so sad! i bet every wife knows their hubby's size from head to toe :cool:

how're you supposed to buy her something purty if you don't know what size she wears?

Unfair! to the "Boys": her closet contains four or more different sizes, why? does it depend on the label. Couldn't be that she gained weight? I would never think that.

Back
Top Bottom