Fractional Sailboat Membership

We tried chartering a few boats over the past few months and every boat we ended up on was more than 20 years old and really worn out. It was not a great experience. So DH went searching for boats in the SailTime program and ultimately found one he really liked in San Pedro. We signed the contract and took the boat out for the first time yesterday.

The boat is a 41.1 foot 2019 Beneteau. It’s in almost brand new condition and seems really well appointed. I’m still unsure of how often we are going to want to sail, especially when the weather cools down. But DH decided that doing this was on his “bucket list” so I reluctantly went along with it.

There are four other owners on the boat. The boat is owned and maintained by a Beneteau dealer so it seems to be well cared for. For the month of July there are only five days that were booked by other owners. In August there are two days reserved. Oddly, even the holidays are wide open. We booked it for Thanksgiving but Christmas and New Year’s are still available.

So we’ll see how it works out, and it’s only a one year commitment. But for now DH is happy, so I guess that’s all that matters.
Well that’s wonderful!

You all certainly pondered and investigated enough. Now you can move forward and enjoy it! Carpe diem!

Our friends belong to a boat share club. Could be Freedom, but not sure.
I know it was a 3500 fee to join and then 200 monthly for a minimum of 4 outings. Not sure the maximum.
The boats are around 2-5 years old and in the 20's ft range.

Back
Top Bottom