Home Covid tests extended shelf life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuckanut

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Don't toss those expired Covid tests away yet. They may still be good, and for a lot longer than initially thought.

The website below will give you the current estimate of the now extended shelf life of many home covid tests. As the makers get more experience with these tests they are finding that their accuracy extends signifcatly beyond what may be printed on the box.

I see that some of my tests that were supposed to expire in June are now extended into September. As more time passes they expect that even that estimate may be too conservative.

The site has the latest estimate for how long past the printed expiration date we can currently use the test. It may increase even more.

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices...al-devices/home-otc-covid-19-diagnostic-tests

I never intended to throw them away as expiration dates for medications aren’t accurate so figured it was the same with the tests.

The first thing I noticed about those tests was that the date on the tests themselves was months later than the date on the box they came in.

Thanks for this.
We have all iHealth ones, I printed the table to keep with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom