Free Spam - Seriously?

I can buy nori locally but have to admit that I'm not very motivated to cook (or sushi-fy) Spam. Maybe some sort of art installation? Halloween goodies, perhaps?
Funny you should mention that. Our daughter used to have a spam musubi Hallowe'en costume, and it was a big hit.

You're in luck. Spam isn't really meat, is it?:D
I think [-]most[/-] at least half of it is.

Depends on your definition of the term "meat"...

Janet, you could save the SPAM for the exclusive feeding of any moochers that may come your way. That may have been the original purpose for the creation of SPAM.

Most of my friends are musicians - even they draw the line at cheetos and moon pies and are uninterested. I asked in a morning e-mail blast for takers and was soundly rebuked. :(
DW/me have a condo booked on Maui early next year.

Send it to me; I'll have a party for the locals (who look at Spam as a basic food need).

You are flying? You will have to pay baggage fees....

I think [-]most[/-] at least half of it is {meat}.

Depends on your definition of the term "meat"...

I wonder if they make soy spam :D

Just cut it up into small pieces and add to scrambled eggs. Voila! Quick and easy spam 'n' eggs.

If that is boring, then add mixed vegetables and/or cheese.

A third alternative would be to save it as disaster supplies, to provide that warm and fuzzy false sense of security that we are supposed to want.

I vote for donating it to the food bank as it is not to your taste. Some people really like it I hear. My son used to like those Vienna sausages in the jar. And my husband, when I first met him, was fond of some kind of ham paste in a little can...it was wrapped in paper and had a devil on the wrapping. I guess it was some kind of potted deviled ham. He ate it on Melba toast. I never tried it...

But all through high school I brought the same sandwich (every day for 3 years) for school lunch. It was chipped chopped ham (chipped ham) on whole wheat bread with mustard. I guess that is not too much of a stretch from Spam? On Sunday night, if we were out of chipped ham or Roman Meal bread, my poor father had to make a run to the deli to supply the can't-live-without ingredients for my school lunch the next day. Boy, he must have been glad to see me leave for college! I drank a small carton of skim milk with this delicacy and ate an apple.

And my husband, when I first met him, was fond of some kind of ham paste in a little can...it was wrapped in paper and had a devil on the wrapping. I guess it was some kind of potted deviled ham.
Yes, that would be:
350px-Underwood_Ham_Label.jpg

Yes, that would be:
350px-Underwood_Ham_Label.jpg

I just had a can of the Underwood Chicken spread a couple of days ago. Still like to eat it once in a great while, guess it reminds me of my childhood?

Thought of some other ideas for serving up Spam, dice it up real small to use in an omelette or fried rice. Guess I'm the only person that admits to eating Spam, even though the pallet they sell at Costco always seems to need refilling all the time!

Back
Top Bottom