front-load washer/washing machine smell - not gasket

Just a quick update. As a last ditch effort before forcing myself to decide on and buy a new machine, I did three back to back runs on the Tub Clean setting with no clothes and max bleach in the drawer and another half cup directly in the drum for good measure. After the second one there was a noticeable improvement and after the third there was a normal level of smell (all machines have a little smell to them IMO).

I've of course done the tub clean before, but not back to back to back and not with so much bleach.

We've run 5 or 6 normal loads since then and so far so good. Fingers crossed!

Good deal! .... and THAT, folks, is how we save a thousand bucks! :D

Just a quick update. As a last ditch effort before forcing myself to decide on and buy a new machine, I did three back to back runs on the Tub Clean setting with no clothes and max bleach in the drawer and another half cup directly in the drum for good measure. After the second one there was a noticeable improvement and after the third there was a normal level of smell (all machines have a little smell to them IMO).

I've of course done the tub clean before, but not back to back to back and not with so much bleach.

We've run 5 or 6 normal loads since then and so far so good. Fingers crossed!

Nice job, cheap solution.

Back
Top Bottom