Gas prices....................................

Annapolis MD. the lowest i've seen is $2.57 for the low grade, three weeks ago it was around $2.88.

Regular is 2.59 in this college town in central Virginia. It's been dropping, but is still considerably higher (.20-.30) than other areas in the state. Local media are all over that, & the other night a tv crew was run off from a station by the owner/employees. Very amusing.

$5.40/gallon in Kotzebue, Alaska

There's only one more barge this year before freeze-up, and probably no more fuel barges, so that will be the locked-in price until the next fuel barge (probably early July '07).

good thing my job come with a vehicle, gas, and heated apartment!

3 Yrs to Go said:
You really think politicians control the price of gasoline?

Crude oil is down from about $78 / barrel to $64 in the past month or so.  Do US politicians also control the global price of oil?  I guess that would make Jimmy Carter about the stupidest person on earth.

No I don't think that politicians control the price of oil or the supply of it...I do think that traders, speculators and oil companies do control the supply and the price, and are riding a gravy train that they do not want to see end. If prices spiked before the election, or simply stayed high, it might be enough to cause a lot of encumbents to be voted out of office just because people are pissed off - even if thats not a good reason to vote that way.

The people and companies that are getting filty rich off the current price of oil, do not want to see a change of power in Washinton especially if the incoming regime decides they want to start cutting off subsidies to oil companies, or taxing windfall profits at high rates.

Nords said:
Yikes, what, a snowmobile?

No, silly:

Dogsled%202005.JPG

Nords said:
Yikes, what, a snowmobile?

actually, my job only comes with a truck....but the other project engineer's job does come with a snowmobile

with any luck, I'll be outta here by X-mas. I figure I have 8 months left to be employed before I'm FIREd. Next June-Sept. 07 should be a piece of cake compared to this fall.

OldMcDonald said:
No I don't think that politicians control the price of oil or the supply of it...I do think that traders, speculators and oil companies do control the supply and the price, and are riding a gravy train that they do not want to see end. If prices spiked before the election, or simply stayed high, it might be enough to cause a lot of encumbents to be voted out of office just because people are pissed off - even if thats not a good reason to vote that way.

I work on a trading floor and never once have I heard anyone suggest putting on a trade to try to influence an election. I've also never heard of someone putting on a trade because they thought that other people will try to influence an election through their trades. :confused:

3 Yrs to Go said:
I work on a trading floor and never once have I heard anyone suggest putting on a trade to try to influence an election.  I've also never heard of someone putting on a trade because they thought that other people will try to influence an election through their trades.   :confused:

I used to work with computers and programmers...I never once heard of anyone saying that they were going to write a virus that would destroy data on peoples computers...therefore there are no viruses.

Its the same logic, just because you don't hear it discussed, doesn't mean its not happening...but time will tell.

OldMcDonald said:
I used to work with computers and programmers...I never once heard of anyone saying that they were going to write a virus that would destroy data on peoples computers...therefore there are no viruses.

Its the same logic, just because you don't hear it discussed, doesn't mean its not happening...but time will tell.

It is a little different because people put on trades all the time in anticipation of what other people are going to do.  If there was any credible correlation between elections and oil prices people would be tripping over themselves to exploit it.  Also the volume of trading needed to push global oil prices down $15 suggests a coordinated effort which could not be kept secret (unless it was done by the Plunge Protection Team)  :LOL: . . . that's something quite different from some 15 year old virgin diddling his computer for kicks.

2.14 today here in Minneapolis.

Never thought I would see this price again. If I did not know what was going on, I'd be happy to vote for Republicans :-X

Cut-Throat said:
2.14 today here in Minneapolis.

Never thought I would see this price again. If I did not know what was going on, I'd be happy to vote for Republicans :-X
Note to self:::
Check out feasibility of gas pump ballot boxes. :-\

REWahoo! said:
Even with the qualifier, there is no way this could be anything other than a cocktail hour post!

You missed my point! - It's not cocktail hour here now, it's 10:30 am. :)

Cut-Throat said:
You missed my point!

I suspect at least one of us is guilty of sarchasm. ("The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.")

Cut-Throat said:
It's not cocktail hour here now, it's 10:30 am. :)

Sipping that Yellowtail pretty early these days, are you? ;)

BTW, I heard some dude on CNBC this morning say gas prices are headed to $1.15 a gallon. Thats the kiss of death. It will probably shoot straight up from here.  :-\

REWahoo! said:
Sipping that Yellowtail pretty early these days, are you? ;)

Are you trying to live vicariously through me? - You sound a bit thirsty? ;)

This morning in the Valdosta, GA area gas is $2.10 but has been dropping daily for a week now :)

Prices in the Seattle area are still in the $2.70 range...but, gas is taxed pretty high in this state!

I spent the last week in El Rito, NM and drove back to Mesa, AZ today. Gas ranged from $2.999 to $2.399 per gallon. Lowest prices were here in Mesa. That is really rare. Normally, the only time I pay more for gas than here at home is when I travel to California. :)

Back
Top Bottom