Gas prices....................................

paid 2.95 for premium here in nyc and happy to do so.We are always so much higher here in the republic of new york city

Just got back from our trip to SanDiego. The highest I saw was $3.13 the best was $2.69 - this was mostly along the interstate 5.

Hawaii gas gap widens with Mainland
Pacific Business News (Honolulu) - 7:45 AM HAST Monday 18 Sep
U.S. average self-serve regular has fallen 50 cents a gallon in less than 40 days, to less than $2.50. Honolulu gas prices have fallen less than 14 cents, to $3.12.
For more than a week Hawaii has been the only remaining state with average pump prices above $3 a gallon, and the gap between Hawaii and second-place California has widened in the past week from 23 cents to 38 cents, with Honolulu regular 22 cents more than Los Angeles regular.
AAA Hawaii put Honolulu self-serve regular at $3.11, Hilo at $3.33, and Wailuku at $3.51.
West Coast city averages, for comparison:
Seattle: $2.79.
Portland: $2.80.
San Francisco: $2.90.
Los Angeles: $2.90.
San Diego: $2.84.

Drove thru southern NH and saw $2.22 with a Sam's Club card :eek:

Most other's are around $2.50

It's $2.24 today in my slice of Indianapolis ... was down to $2.09 over the weekend in some spots.

In north Mississippi ,I filled up for $2.14 in Greenwood. In Ruleville (birthplace of Fannie Lou Hamer) it was $2.39 and Winona on I-55  the price was $2.27.

Four days later and everywhere I look I see gas for less than $2.20. There are a number of places you can buy it for less than $2 and one station is at $1.93. This has to rebound soon I think, but at the rate it is going down now I wonder how low it will go.

The only upward forces I can see on prices would be a hurricane in the gulf or more pipeline issues, a break out of violence in the mideast threatening oil production, OPEC cutting production.

However, if you are skeptical about the prices coming down because the elections are coming up, then we could see a rebound the second week in Nov ;)

Zathras said:
The only upward forces I can see on prices would be a hurricane in the gulf or more pipeline issues, a break out of violence in the mideast threatening oil production, OPEC cutting production.

You are right - I don't think I was thinking when I wrote that last post as much as I was emoting. The slide in prices has been dramatic, but after thinking about it I don't want to attempt to pick a bottom on the market.

Zathras said:
However, if you are skeptical about the prices coming down because the elections are coming up, then we could see a rebound the second week in Nov ;)

I don't have a clue what prices are going to do, but I'm not a believer in that particular conspiracy theory.

The hurricane season has been a non-event for the GOM, and from what I read anything developing in the nearterm will most likely hit the east coast or veer back out to sea. As for the stability of oil producing nations your guess is as good as mine. How low will OPEC watch the prices go before they try to impose some production cuts? It's not an exact science - especially when member and non-member states are inclined to fudge their numbers - but I think that they will try it at some point if the prices continue to drop. Crude is sitting at just under $61 this morning.

Hmm, lets see .... its 1.92 Ringgit per litre here in Kuala Lumpur.

After the necessary litre/US gallon and Ringgit/US Dollar conversions, this translates to US$1.98 per gallon. It was US$1.67 per gallon a half-yr ago.

Our fuel prices are still among the lowest in the region.

What goes up must come down. Seems like this all may have been another example of fear and greed controlling the markets.
jc

jclarksnakes said:
What goes up must come down. Seems like this all may have been another example of fear and greed controlling the markets.
jc
or electioneering

IM not getting to used to this nor am i dumping my commodities funds. I still think we are are 1 political event or 1-geological event away from 80.00 bucks again a barrel

Back
Top Bottom