Gift for man - good idea or not?

I use my electric kettle daily for coffee and sometimes tea. Very thoughtful gift. He'll love it!

I think either an electric or stove top tea kettle would be a wonderful gift. We have a stainless steel stove top kettle that is almost a permanent fixture on our stove top.
+1
I use a SS stove top kettle every morning to make tea. I used an electric kettle when visiting Scotland last year and really liked the convenience. I even thought of getting one but my counter space is limited and I like the more "old fashioned" way of heating it on stove top.

Either way would make a nice gift.

You can tell him it's a "green" gift. Electric kettles are more efficient than stove top kettles, and much more efficient and faster than boiling water in a pot. If I am boiling water for pasta, I boil a kettle and pour it into the pot. As a Canadian, I find the conversation a little bewildering. Kitchens have toasters and kettles and stoves and fridges. Buying a kettle is a fairly automatic thing, not an existential issue.

Good point, his counter and cabinet space are quite limited. But there is an unused outlet over the counter. Anyway, the kettle is on its way...if he doesn't want it, he can give it to someone.

A.

+1
my counter space is limited and I like the more "old fashioned" way of heating it on stove top.

Good point, his counter and cabinet space are quite limited. But there is an unused outlet over the counter. Anyway, the kettle is on its way...if he doesn't want it, he can give it to someone.

A.

That's a good attitude. I gave someone a very "Midwest" T-shirt present for Christmas (but told her dad she could give it away or wash her car with it). She liked getting the gift, regardless.

Recently got an electric kettle as gift and it is awesome. Almost instant hot water. Stove top kettle went to goodwill.

Back
Top Bottom