Giving it away

Nothing is bigger turnoff to me than picky-picky donees.

Fie on them.

Ha

Food for thought

Anecdotally I have seen many posts which indicate there are those among us who plan to live to 90 or 100, withdraw substantially less than 3% from the nest egg and have LTC insurance.
I've seen a number of posts indicating one or two of these, not so many with all three. Maybe I haven't been paying attention, at least not enough to suggest to other people what they should do with their money. I'm one of those planning for the case of living to beyond 90. Some people actually do live beyond 90, so I keep control of most of my money just in case I am one of them.

I gave a big check to my favorite college. I was not on their mailing list before this and now I receive mail regularly. It's subtle but they are spending a lot to cultivate me now and I presume until I die.

Better, perhaps to wait and put them in the will -- unless you like being "cultivated".
I don't like being "cultivated" either.

But, if I had enough money, it could be enjoyable. Give a big enough check, and have a big enough net worth, and the "cultivating" includes election/appointment to the Board of Trustees. I can imagine that would be a nice experience.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom