Good digital camera?

I've only had bad experiences with aftermarket ink and tonder cartidges and refill kits, but some people swear by them. It appears to be a 50-50 thing, and I don't know if the difference is luck or perception, but with my experience I wouldn't recommend them to anyone even though the real thing is horribly overpriced.

I tried to refill my ink cartridges...once. Got more ink on myself than in the cartridge. I've accepted that ink jet carts are just one of those thinks you are going to get screwed on.

I agree about refillable ink cartridges. I tried it. A real mess. My wife seems to have good luck with them but
I would rather spend the money and buy a new one.
I know I am getting screwed but accept it to avoid the
hassle.

John Galt

Funny but I actually DONT print a lot. Its the wife thats into it.

I put a second copy of my photos and movies onto my laptop, and when I want to show them to someone, I pull that out instead of a photo album.

One thing I would love to do some day, when I can find some free time (damn, I may have to quit this ER lifestyle to get some free time!)...I have a couple of the old "3com/ergo audrey" touchscreen appliances and a Compaq MSN companion. I've done a little hacking with both. The audreys have a sylus touchscreen, no internal storage except for a small compact flash, but they're networkable and run QNX. The MSN companion can be fitted with a hard drive, and can run windows or linux. Some folks have set them up as "digital photo frames".

Commercial digital photo frames are kinda expensive, but I picked these things up for about fifty bucks a pop a few years ago.

At a minimum I'm gonna get one of the audreys set up in the kitchen so I can keep a grocery list and pull recipes up on it.

This is VERY HELPFUL about the ink cartridges. Allan, sorry you lost so much. I hate the price of these things, and my "printer" is also my fax and copier, so I am going to spend plenty on cartridges. I'll have to check on the store brand at Staples/Office Max. (Can anyone tell those two stores apart? They're across the street from each other where I shop.)

TH, at our house we have two digital cameras: an ancient Sony Mavica that doesn't have a flash, and a Canon A40 Powershot that has a flash but can't take much of a closeup. For eBay both cameras sometimes need to be employed. So no helpful advice from me!

Anne

It's the kids that do all the printing here. The digital photo frame set up sounds cool TH. Every year at Xmas I make a retrospective of the year from the digital photo archive, set to music, that I burn to CD as a VCD file that will play in a DVD player. A copy goes in my wife's stocking, as well as in the mail to the grandparents and other relatives.

You can take your empty printer and toner cartridges to Office Depot and they will give you a free ream of paper for each one you turn in. You don't even have to buy anything!! :)

Back
Top Bottom