Gradual Transition to FIRE

jjquantz

Full time employment: Posting here.
Read Finance Dave's story and I thought I would share today's events.

Our little non-profit has been going through a strategic planning process over the last week. For the last 18 months I have been arguing that the small program that I manage is not aligned with the organization's vision and is expendable. During today's meeting the staff basically agreed with that and it looks like we will stop running this program when the grants run out at the end of September.

I had already negotiated reducing my work week to 4 days/week beginning April 1 and then going to 3 days/week on July 1.

As we continue strategic planning I will see if any interesting tasks are developed that might keep me engaged after September. If not and I can convince DW that the numbers work, then I just might pull the plug at that time.

watch out...if you keep finding efficiencies for your company, they won't let you leave! :flowers:

Amethyst

Read Finance Dave's story and I thought I would share today's events.

Our little non-profit has been going through a strategic planning process over the last week. For the last 18 months I have been arguing that the small program that I manage is not aligned with the organization's vision and is expendable. During today's meeting the staff basically agreed with that and it looks like we will stop running this program when the grants run out at the end of September.

I had already negotiated reducing my work week to 4 days/week beginning April 1 and then going to 3 days/week on July 1.

As we continue strategic planning I will see if any interesting tasks are developed that might keep me engaged after September. If not and I can convince DW that the numbers work, then I just might pull the plug at that time.

Back
Top Bottom