Grocery Shopping

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered the Costco bidet someone recommended in the hemorrhoids thread. No corn cobs for me.

Smart, as corn at Walmart is OOS.

wYqiwDvd6IeAEBQAABBARAUAEBQAAQFABAUAEBQAAQFABAUAEEBAAQFgF3xD61zgBljPGviAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Attachments

• 2020_11_18_23:24:23_001.png
    2020_11_18_23:24:23_001.png
    14.1 KB · Views: 160
Scored big time today :dance::dance::dance:. Diet A&W root beer, which is really hard to find
"Diet" A&W recently disappeared here, DW drinks a couple bottles a week. It has been replaced by A&W "Zero Sugar". I just looked to see what the sweetener is, it's aspertame. Don't know what it was before, but for some reason they changed the bottle label, so I'm assuming there's an ingredient change. I'm leery of aspertame, I remember the story of it being synthesized, and its lab nickname "afterstain". Ick! I don't drink or eat diet anything, so it won't affect me... unless I need to clean something up...

"Diet" A&W recently disappeared here, DW drinks a couple bottles a week. It has been replaced by A&W "Zero Sugar". I just looked to see what the sweetener is, it's aspertame. Don't know what it was before, but for some reason they changed the bottle label, so I'm assuming there's an ingredient change. I'm leery of aspertame, I remember the story of it being synthesized, and its lab nickname "afterstain". Ick! I don't drink or eat diet anything, so it won't affect me... unless I need to clean something up...

The 'Zero Sugar' hasn't come to our 'hood yet!

Hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but I just looked at a can of A&W diet root beer in the frig, and sure enough it contains aspertame. So I'm guessing only the name as been changed. Haven't seen the Zero Sugar version yet. I have a couple of cans a week.

Or major encrustations, which the Toto's little sprinkler won't budge.

Bwah ha, I can see my German great-aunt coming out in me more all the time :D I loved her when I was little, but boy, could she be graphic.

For those harder to reach areas :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Just went to Costco - this is in Palm Beach County, FL, an hour ago:

Attachments

• IMG_20201119_114405.jpg
    IMG_20201119_114405.jpg
    673.1 KB · Views: 24
Just went to Costco - this is in Palm Beach County, FL, an hour ago:

Our Costco in suburban Tucson is still out of TP and PT. Oddly, couldn't find Saran Wrap either. Still tons of bottled water. Pickup up 70% alcohol at Walmart, only a few bottle left.

I pretty much ignore the Costco "out of stock" sign out front. It isn't always accurate. We're pretty well stocked, so we just do a regular grocery run and grab high demand items like TP and PT as permitted.

I ordered the Costco bidet someone recommended in the hemorrhoids thread. No corn cobs for me.

We've got bidet attachments on all our toilets, the kind that fits under the seat and has a water valve off to the side. Just some cheaper ones from Amazon. No reaching or hosing required. One of the best things we have ever done, for so little money too.

The TP lasts easily 2-3 times longer and we are, well, less "sensitive" of TP quality and brand. We have a large jumbo commercial roll in the main bath that is tolerable and very inexpensive. The big roll lasts nearly a month. There is no way we could use this cheap TP without a bidet!

I'm surprised bidets aren't more popular. I've only seen one in a house ever.

It's like using the $1 coin.... incredibly rare, yet they exist.

Saw a young woman on House Hunters stop dead and say at least two or three times why is there a garden hose sprayer connected to the toilet. Her husband and relator didn't seem to know what it was either. A moment of their lives preserved for eternity:LOL:.

We had a bidet in our previous home. We have a bidet attachment in our current home.

Not certain why there appears to be so few in NA. compared other countries.

It is really not such a big deal.

We have a bidet in our cottage! Just laughed when we bought the place. One of the bathrooms in our house had one as well. We removed it when we renovated. More of a European thing and also common in the Middle East and South Asia where squatting toilets are much more common. When we lived in the Middle East, the house had several - the kids sometimes used them to play with boats and Playmobil and they were good dog bowls. We used to laugh as it seemed that one of the main functional aspects of the dish dash was to have a place to dry one's hand after using the water hose to tidy up. Many of these places don't (or didn't) have toilet paper.

Bidet seats are becoming quite popular, rightly so.

Bidets (as in, a separate porcelain appliance from the toilet) require more floor space and plumbing, and are generally found only in very high-end American homes. I've lived in two higher-end houses and there wouldn't have been space in any of the bathrooms for a separate "throne," unless it was crowded in.

I'm surprised bidets aren't more popular. I've only seen one in a house ever.

Did my usual Friday Costco run this morning. It was packed and no TP or PT to be had. As usual, checkout was nice and quick as all lanes were open. I'll go again Tuesday morning for some steak for Thanksgiving as well as cheesecake which is DH's fave desert. Maybe they'll have some TP and PT then :LOL:.

Costco was quick and easy today, but NO TP! That's okay, we've still got a couple of bundles. YMMV

Costco was quick and easy today, but NO TP! That's okay, we've still got a couple of bundles. YMMV

Looks like the panic buying is starting again :( ...

Toilet paper aisles are emptying again as COVID-19 curfews and shutdowns in states from California to New York send pandemic-weary shoppers on a new scramble for essentials.

Walmart on Friday said it was “seeing pockets of lower than normal availability” for toilet paper and cleaning supplies in some communities as infections rage virtually unchecked across most of the United States.

As of Friday afternoon, 22 states have imposed restrictions aimed at decreasing spread of the virus - giving rise to a new round of panic buying from shoppers and purchase limits from retailers including Target and Kroger, the nation’s largest supermarket chain.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-with-new-pandemic-restrictions-idUSKBN2802W3

publix florida TP/Paper Towel aisle yesterday

Attachments

• IMG_20201120_151622 (1).jpg
    IMG_20201120_151622 (1).jpg
    934.5 KB · Views: 35
I contributed to the panic buying. I alternate 3 things for breakfast & 4 for lunch. My cupboards have 6 weeks worth of breakfast, lunch, snacks, wine, and beer. After Thanksgiving I'll have a week of leftover dinners + 2 weeks in cupboard. I do Panera carryout once a week (Tuesdays with bakers dz bagels). And I have 2 pkgs of TP. I'm not going through another March.

Safeway has TP, sanitizer, but no paper towels. I use rags anyway

Last edited:
Just taking a quick peek at the popular brands of toilet paper supply at Amazon and see several "out of stock".

Yes, the round 2 hoarding has begun :popcorn:.

Last edited:
Just taking a quick peek at the popular brands of toilet paper supply at Amazon and see several "out of stock".

Yes, the round 2 hoarding has begun :popcorn:.

I had good luck ordering TP from Target online, three weeks ago anyway. I have no idea if that is still a good source.

Right now I am all set for TP and paper towels, but my stash of canned soups is looking rather depleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom