happy portfollio

ducky911

Recycles dryer sheets
Hi,

Happy to see my slice and dice index eft port. with a healthy chunk of vwinx is at a high. With the dow still off about 3% of its high. This is unchartered ground for me.

This is my first year with this port. . I sold all my stocks at the beginning of the the year...do not miss them at all....HPQ and cisco to name two.

Bob

I made the conversion around 2006 and 2007. Kind of have to wait 10-20 years to see how it works. But the international side is a lot easier than selecting individual non-domestic stocks. And I don't have to watch any of my funds drop to near zero.

Nothing like a happy portfolio to raise one's spirits! :D

My portfolio is not a slice and dice one like yours (it's essentially four index funds plus Wellesley), but it is smiling up at me too these days. My all time high was on 10/18/2012, but it is barely below that today.

Not only that, but my dividends are looking pretty good this year compared with last year, too.
:dance:

Yes, I am very simple also. Three index funds from Vanguard. All three are Admiral Funds so cost are very low.

I have also have a simple portfolio these days. 2 Target Date funds (Fido and VG) plus Wellesley and Wellington.

Hmmm - am supposed to look? Target Retirement 2015.

And of course a few good stocks to keep the male hormones happy. And and the Saints aren't doing so well this year either. :facepalm:

heh heh heh - maybe next year at 70 1/2 I will have killed off the last of those residual DRIP plans in my last file cabinet. ;)

Congrats. I have 11 Vanguard index funds, I'd have fewer except I have a small and value equity tilt and a short duration bond tilt. However, my returns are almost the same as Wellington with slightly less volatility (I have a lower equity AA). I will simplify/reduce funds slowly in the years ahead...

I have 11 tickers these days.

I would like to cut that in half except mega's defined contribution plan and HSA investments offer limited options and the "best" alternatives have a significant large cap value tilt so I have added mid and small cap growth index funds to help balance them out. Absent this constraint I think I could make due with 2 equity funds.

Also, since government bonds yields are so pathetic these days, I have skewed my fixed income allocation to GNMAs and investment and high yield corporate bonds so I have 3 bond funds whereas in normal time I would probably only have 1.

Back
Top Bottom