Has anyone renewed their passport in 2021?

Luvdogs

Recycles dryer sheets
I didn't realize mine had expired since I didn't need it last year... So I sent it in to be renewed on 4/22-non-expedited; then decided two days later that I want to go to Iceland.

I called yesterday to try to get it expedited, long wait time; so I opted to have them call me back. I had called them at 5 pm; they called back and left a message from an "unknown" number at 1 am so I didn't pick up. They are closed on weekends. So I will try Monday.

Anyway, my trip is planned for early August. Flight can be cancelled but I just decided I want to do a cruise there instead of driving the Ring Road. The cruise can't be cancelled so I need to be very sure/certain that I will get it back in time.

If you have renewed it this year, how long did it take to receive from the time you sent it? Was it regular or expedited processing?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I renewed my passport late last year. The process and turnaround were completely normal.

We sent our passports in maybe a week after you did. Though we haven’t received them yet, the draft hit our bank account a couple of days ago. So we expect them soon.

Old lady sent hers in 10 may. Just got notice they got it Thursday. They say 10-12 weeks from now if nothing goes wrong.

I called yesterday to try to get it expedited, long wait time; so I opted to have them call me back. I had called them at 5 pm; they called back and left a message from an "unknown" number at 1 am so I didn't pick up. They are closed on weekends. So I will try Monday.

Not positive, but I don't think you can do that by phone.

First try was a fail, with an unaccepted photo taken at Walgreens. It took almost three months to hear back about that and get my old passport back so don't make that mistake! Once I had an acceptable photo to them taken at a USPS office that does passport photos, not expedited, it took almost 3 months, received it a month ago.

I am located in the US. DD renewed her US passport a month ago. Took around 10 weeks, so a little faster than advertised. I renewed my UK passport from the US in 4 weeks, a lot after than the 12+ weeks advertised. They overnighted the new one back to me from the UK which I thought was a bit unnecessary.

Yep, I think my Passport renewal earlier this year was the standard 8 weeks. Of course half of the US is now trying to travel internationally with the same problem as you.

Back
Top Bottom