Has anyone written their autobiography?

I'm working with my dad to write his. My nephew gave him a book for Christmas that asks questions about his life: where he was born, who his best friend was in grade school, that type of thing. I'm doing it on the computer so we can print off as many copies as necessary. I'm certain other grandkids will want a copy.

Autobiography

As a very private person who doesn't consider my life very interesting (to others at least) I wouldn't do this.

Marita, as someone who also grew up in St Paul your life is interesting. You probably remember Winter Carnival, summers at the beach, State Fair, etc.
Your life is interesting to the rest of us that shared that time and place.

Most of the interesting stuff about me is probably stuff I would be too shy to share or would consider it an invasion of others' privacy. YMMV

I had a neighbor who had leg damage in WWII and had like 12 surgeries on it until he passed. He walked with a cane and a limp. He still would pitch baseball to us out in the street when we were kids. He wrote an autobiography of his struggles and it was so inspiring. Wasn't published, just type written pages and I still treasure those words today. His first son limped like he did even though he had no physical ailment. A great hero.

Back
Top Bottom