Have not used my HELOC checks - do you just write a check to yourself?

cyber888

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I have not used my HELOC checks at all. Those of you who have used your HELOC - do you usually just write a check to yourself and deposit it in your bank, or if you have an online bank - just scan the check ?

I've had but never used a HELOC. However, what you describe would be one way to draw on it.

You can link your HELOC to your checking account, and just ACH (or wire, if you want) the funds back-and-forth as much as you need to. No reason to use paper checks for that.

You can link your HELOC to your checking account, and just ACH (or wire, if you want) the funds back-and-forth as much as you need to. No reason to use paper checks for that.

Not mine. Other HELOCs have that feature, but not my HELOC, unless I create checking account with them. They won't allow external accounts.

Not mine. Other HELOCs have that feature, but not my HELOC, unless I create checking account with them. They won't allow external accounts.

If you have checks against the HELOC account, presumably there is a routing number and account number associated with it? Can you try linking to that, from your other/external checking accounts?

If you have checks against the HELOC account, presumably there is a routing number and account number associated with it? Can you try linking to that, from your other/external checking accounts?

I will see if that works.

Back
Top Bottom