Have you saved enough for your Healthcare?

imoldernu

Gone but not forgotten
The new January 2013 AARP Bulletin has an extensive article that asks the question.

AARP Bulletin - January/February 2013

This will be interesting to those who are not yet eligible for medicare, and who may not have a clear understanding of pland A,B,C, and D.. and the cost, the amount of coverage, and the deductibles.

The eye catcher headline is Average Healthcare cost for a couple in retirement is $240,000. The details of many other covered or not covered expenses such as hearing, vision, dental and doughnut hole prescription drugs are also shown.

One interesting and scary statistic was the cost of being in a hospital... $2,000/day and an average hospital stay cost of $9600.

Precisely the reason why I bought LTCI this year for the first time. I don't have any family here in the US so there is no one who can take care of me if I get Alzheimer's or something similar.
imoldernu said:
One interesting and scary statistic was the cost of being in a hospital... $2,000/day and an average hospital stay cost of $9600.

Precisely the reason why I bought LTCI this year for the first time. I don't have any family here in the US so there is no one who can take care of me if I get Alzheimer's or something similar.

Actually the article says the study excludes LTC.

Back
Top Bottom