Healthcare.gov 1095-A Statements are appearing

PaunchyPirate

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I received notice yesterday that my 1095-A statement was available to download/print on Healthcare.gov. If you weren't notified, you might check your account. They may not all get published at the same time, but it should be there soon.

For new ACA people, this is a tax form that provides you information to enter on your taxes to determine if you received the proper amount of advanced premium credit.

I do not know if this form is generated for people who do not receive a tax subsidy.

I got my notice. the 1095 didn't have the second lowest cost silver plan price though. I was able to find that on the healthcare.gov site by entering my zip, county, status, etc.

I got my notice. the 1095 didn't have the second lowest cost silver plan price though. I was able to find that on the healthcare.gov site by entering my zip, county, status, etc.

I've read that happens a lot. Not sure why. Fortunately, my 1095-A looks to be properly populated.

When I buy my policy in November, I always shop for and print out the SLCSP and stick it in the file. That way, I have that value when I do my pro-forma tax return. The SLCSP value was sometimes hard to find after the year on HC.gov had advanced. Maybe it's better now. The value I printed 14 months ago matched to the penny with what they had on the 1095-A.

Years ago, I tried predicting the SLCSP based on the list of plans shown in my state's (NY) exchange. But it was always different from what I'd see in the 1095-A form because here in NY a small part of my premium goes toward some items beyond the nationally mandated ones. Therefore, the SLCSP shown in the 1095-A form is a little lower.

As I have mentioned in another thread, one of the problems I am having with my health insurance in the last 2 weeks is about my 1095-A form getting loused up because the NYS Marketplace thinks my insurance got terminated last March even though that isn't true. My IC sent a file to the NYS telling them I had coverage but it hasn't yet been merged into my records. Thankfully, they won't be sending out their 1095-A forms for another few weeks so there is time to get it fixed .

Mine here in PA is a similar situation to scrabbler1. The numbers on the 1095-A are always slightly different that what I pay and what was shown on the exchange sites (Healthcare.gov and Pennie.gov). Actually, both my full premium price and the price of the second lowest silver plan are usually off by a few dollars (< $10) on the 1095-A. I use the 1095-A values.

Last year, I did use the utility on Healthcare.gov to see what numbers it showed, and not surprisingly, it matched the 1095-A.

Years ago, I tried predicting the SLCSP based on the list of plans shown in my state's (NY) exchange. But it was always different from what I'd see in the 1095-A form because here in NY a small part of my premium goes toward some items beyond the nationally mandated ones. Therefore, the SLCSP shown in the 1095-A form is a little lower.

As I have mentioned in another thread, one of the problems I am having with my health insurance in the last 2 weeks is about my 1095-A form getting loused up because the NYS Marketplace thinks my insurance got terminated last March even though that isn't true. My IC sent a file to the NYS telling them I had coverage but it hasn't yet been merged into my records. Thankfully, they won't be sending out their 1095-A forms for another few weeks so there is time to get it fixed .

After some minor wrangling with both my IC and with my state's exchange (NYSOH), it appeared I was getting a runaround between them. My IC told me they had no such request, and the NYSOH couldn't verify the tracking number I was given last week.

But...in a dramatic turn of events, after finding a special number for inquiries about 1095-A forms, the rep there looked my file which would be used when they create the 1095-A forms and told me my data was updated for the entire year and read back to me the key data I expected to see on the form in a few weeks, including for the missing months where they said I had no coverage. Wow, I am quite relieved. :cool: I'll be able to file my 2020 federal tax return right away and get a refund (for a change).

So how come nobody else (at the IC or the main NYSOH help line) seemed to know this had been done? Not an issue I need to pursue.

Back
Top Bottom