Heart rate monitor?

joesxm3

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Looking for a simple wearable device to show heart rate while walking that does not need to be connected to my phone?

Fitbit is a name brand that works. I would expect you can get knockoffs much cheaper on Amazon.

I guess I might have to bite the bit and hook up a phone app, but I would rather just look at a number. I had a po!ar chest strap 10 years ago. I think it had a wrist strap to look at. Guess that is obso!ete.

I had a Polar chest strap 10 years ago. I think it had a wrist strap to look at. Guess that is obsolete.

I had one of those and the chest strap would fail every few months- $30 to replace. Miserable. I'd be riding my bike uphill,, huffing and puffing, and it would be stuck on the heart rate it had measured down at the bottom of the hill,:mad:

All of these devices display your heart rate on the device itself. If your concern is that you don't want to be carrying your phone and looking at it every time you want to know your heart rate, that won't be an issue. The registration and phone process is meant to give you a place where you can look at trends, patterns, etc. over the long run and, I might add cynically, it gives the companies a way to bombard you with e-mails about their latest products and monetize your data. Use a spamcatcher e-mail address if you have one.

fitbit shows heart rate and doesnt need an app on your phone although the app provides additional non heart rate metrics like steps and sleep.

Thanks for the rep!ies. Cleared up my misconceptions.

Back
Top Bottom