Hello again

Laurence, it's great to hear from you again. Thanks for the picture, I know you guys have plenty to keep you very busy.

I don't know about your real estate plan. It's got "ongoing expense being rationalized as an investment" written all over it. Still, if it makes your life better overall it could be worth doing.

Guilty as charged, to a certain extent! And knowing that means I won't touch a deal I'm not 100% on.

2nd home/vacation rental/r.e. investment/getaway. You have mentioned all of these reasons to try it. IMO, short stays in the rental business drive up costs and the risk of damage. Years are better than months, months are better than weeks, and weeks are better than days. You also want your kids to enjoy it. Turning them loose in downtown could be a problem. I would suggest a place that is fun for everyone.

We got a beachfront condo with good rental management. It was great that the kids got to know the complex. Once we taught them to swim they could navigate the area by the time they were 5-7 years old. This lasted for 11 years. The boys will still circle around to this area when they are in Florida because they are so familiar with the surroundings. It broke even most years on operating expenses and went solid black at sale time. No regret here.

I can not believe that Olivia is already 4 years old as it seems only the other day you had the name poll up.

Welcome back.

If you buy a condo in the Gaslamp, I will speed as fast as I can back to San Diego and rent from you! :)

Back
Top Bottom