Help pick ETF or Mutual Fund for HSA at FIDO

lem1955

Recycles dryer sheets
I'm a Vanguard investor. My smaller ROTH accounts are in single LifeStrategy Funds and my largest TIRA is in the three funds Total Stock, Total Bond, Total Int'l. I am used to VERY LOW expense ratios for index funds. I am moving my HSA from TD Ameritrade where I chose a Vanguard LifeStrategy Fund to FIDO. I see the Fidelity Asset Manager 60% fund has an expense ratio of .73% which is a lot higher than .13 or .14% on Vanguard's LifeStrategy funds. Is there a single fund or ETF at FIDO that will give me a balanced AA ~ 60/40 or 70/30, be diversified across the whole US Bond, Domestic and Int'l Stock Markets and have an expense ratio that is lower than the Asset Manager funds? Should I care about using a FIDO investment or select a Vanaguard LifeStrategy fund at FIDO?

I'm a Vanguard investor. My smaller ROTH accounts are in single LifeStrategy Funds and my largest TIRA is in the three funds Total Stock, Total Bond, Total Int'l. I am used to VERY LOW expense ratios for index funds. I am moving my HSA from TD Ameritrade where I chose a Vanguard LifeStrategy Fund to FIDO. I see the Fidelity Asset Manager 60% fund has an expense ratio of .73% which is a lot higher than .13 or .14% on Vanguard's LifeStrategy funds. Is there a single fund or ETF at FIDO that will give me a balanced AA ~ 60/40 or 70/30, be diversified across the whole US Bond, Domestic and Int'l Stock Markets and have an expense ratio that is lower than the Asset Manager funds? Should I care about using a FIDO investment or select a Vanaguard LifeStrategy fund at FIDO?

Just use the Fido index funds, which have a zero or near-zero ER.

FZROX
FZILX
FXNAX

Just use the Fido index funds, which have a zero or near-zero ER.

FZROX
FZILX
FXNAX

That makes sense. It would require re-balancing which is a little more hands-on than optimal, but it hits all my other requirements. Thx.

Why not transfer in kind and keep what you have?

I had a similar dilemma when I opened an HSA at Fidelity. I ended up going with Fidelity Freedom Index 2025/FQIFX. ER is 0.12 and it hold approx mix of US, International and Bonds that you are wanting. One stop shopping and no rebalancing!

Freedom funds is a good suggestion if you want a Fidelity balanced fund. 0.12% is a great expense ration for a balanced fund.

Back
Top Bottom