Hey from Louisiana

We have owned homes in the Shreveport area (24 years) and our new home in Pearl River (built 2005). We have just been coming home once a month at these locations while working out of state.

The upcoming move next week will be the last time we are moving. We will now have two households of furniture, lawn equipment, kitchen wares, beds, towels, electronics, etc. to do something with.

I've fished some tournaments launched out of the Pearl River near Slidell/Rigolets.

$800 being her SS at age 62 being 50% of your benefit?

If so, wouldn't it really be $800 less than her current take home pay since she won't be working anymore?

The $800 I mentioned is her estimate of what she will draw when she retires at 62 not off of mine. All of the $ amounts I keep bringing up are our estimated retirement incomes. If I get $1,600/month (SS) and then draw out 3% of the $500,000 for $1,250/month for a total of $2,850 month. This is what I could get (if needed) while she is still working. I do not foresee needing this much. Once she retires then the $1,850 will increase by $800+- for a monthly total of $3,650/month. Of course she is hoping that we can survive on my $$ where she can quit early.

reubenray said:
We have owned homes in the Shreveport area (24 years) and our new home in Pearl River (built 2005). .

Welcome!

I have a lot of family in the Pearl River area. My grandfather operated the local airport there for decades before he passed away.

Welcome reubenray and Geaux Tigers!

Back
Top Bottom