"Hey kid! Offa my lawn!"

calmloki

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Every curmudgeon needs one!

Lawnkids.jpg

Wow! isn't there a suite in the making with that sign.
News Headline
"Woman shoots child in the eye for walking on her lawn."

Woman's lawyer states the Daisy Air Rifle company advised her to shoot the child.

Reminds me of "richochet shootin'"...

Attachments

• jed_clampett.jpg
    jed_clampett.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 175
Wow! isn't there a suite in the making with that sign.
News Headline
"Woman shoots child in the eye for walking on her lawn."

Woman's lawyer states the Daisy Air Rifle company advised her to shoot the child.

I'm guessing that that is NOT a real ad. I'm sure the Daisy corp. advises safe shooting practices under adult supervision, with full goggles and protective gear, and would never suggest shooting toward, near, or in the general vicinity of anyone with access to a lawyer. I just thought it was funny.

Notice the Worth1000.com watermark on the bottom right hand corner of the "ad". It is a hoax but worthy of Worth1000.com

While out bike riding I see alot of road kill: skunks, possums, squirrels, armadillos, turtles, snakes, deer, crow, vultures, etc., but I saw the rare house cat yesterday. The billboard give me an idea on to get rid of cats: shoot 'em, then to cover that fact, just run over them with your car.

Would it also keep ducks out of my pool ??

I don't have a pool, but I use my Red Rider (with the compass thingie in the stock) for policing the ducks in my front yard. There are hundreds of them living along the lake that borders my property, a few of the females make nests in the bushes in my yard. Some of the males drop by every so often to "party" with the females. I don't know (or care) much about the mating habits of ducks, but if you were to see this activity in humans it would be identified as gang rape or group sex. It gets quite noisy right outside my office window, so I use the BB gun to chase off the dudes by plinking them in the butt.

I don't have a pool, but I use my Red Rider (with the compass thingie in the stock) for policing the ducks in my front yard. There are hundreds of them living along the lake that borders my property, a few of the females make nests in the bushes in my yard. Some of the males drop by every so often to "party" with the females. I don't know (or care) much about the mating habits of ducks, but if you were to see this activity in humans it would be identified as gang rape or group sex. It gets quite noisy right outside my office window, so I use the BB gun to chase off the dudes by plinking them in the butt.

My Crossman keeps the neighbors stupid poodle from crapping in my yard pretty effectively. The instructions say ten pumps to achieve max muzzle velocity, so I give it a measly five pumps and aim for its arse at the moment of fecal release. I never knew a poodle could jump seven feet vertically from a squatted position............. :rolleyes:

I definitely use my little air pistol to plink the random unwanted varmin and hopefully encourage them to leave my yard. Stray cats get the clue after 1 shot. They are so quick, I hardly ever get in a second shot. Possums - wow - 6 shots usually to encourage them to leave. I usually go for body shots, but if they aren't gone after the 5th shot, they get one between the eyes on shot #6.

Geese - I don't think they get hurt at all since all I can hear is the BB pellet bouncing off of their feathers. The noise from the pistol seems to scare them though. Usually takes about 3 shots to scare them off. And they are slow enough to hit as moving targets (good target practice, btw). The problem with geese is that the whole flock doesn't get the clue sometimes.

Occasionally I'll shoot spiders with the gun for fun.

Low velocity air pistol - ~200 fps. Good for providing "positive reinforcement" to unwanted varmin without leaving blood trails everywhere.

I know discharging a BB gun is illegal w/in the city limits (in my city at least), but I find it hard to believe I'll ever get a citation for defending my family, animals, and land from potential dangers. The city has a special policy where you can apply for a 90 day permit to kill pests (defined as only pigeons, rats, and squirrels) with a .22 rifle but not a bb gun. Makes me interested in getting a .22 and a permit every 3 months and claiming I was aiming at the squirrels but darn them, they kept moving right as I was firing and the possums, stray cats, and geese just happened to be right behind them in the line of fire. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom