Historic horse race

Watching the NBC live broadcast while posting here. I am happy that a young woman and an African American jockey are riding also. My bet is on Overanalyze :)

Last edited:
Of course there's also this one. Note that the horse who comes in second place in this race arguably (timing precision changed) runs in the all time second fastest time for any Kentucky Derby, but has the unfortunate luck to run against the all time fastest horse.

Secretariat - Kentucky Derby 1973 - YouTube

Of course there's also this one. Note that the horse who comes in second place in this race arguably (timing precision changed) runs in the all time second fastest time for any Kentucky Derby, but has the unfortunate luck to run against the all time fastest horse.

Whoa. Hadn't seen that in forever!

"There goes Swifty!!!"

I didn't bet on the Derby, and probably a good thing. But when seeing all the horses get into the starting gate I start to think, is there some type of formula to use to make a killing on the race.

A pattern is that favorite according to the odds hasn't won. Also, the winner is probably not going to win the triple crown.

But like I said, probably a good thing I didn't bet.

It was interesting that about 30 mins before the race, the commentators were showing a computer simulation (like Madden NFL) and I think the simulation called right on. That Orb would be sitting in the back then come charging at the end to win.

Yes, I enjoyed watching the video of Secretariat run the Belmont even more. Just amazing. It gives chills