Hotel in Dublin

Tetto

Recycles dryer sheets
Hello all- traveling to Dublin on August/September and was looking for recommendations for a hotel. Anyone have a memorable stay at a nice place?

TIA! Tetto

We enjoyed the Dylan Hotel. Great quiet location near a lot of good places to eat.

If it's in your budget, The Brooks Hotel. Great hotel in a perfect location. We literally walked to every site on our list plus it's very close to the Temple Bar area. I'd stay there again in a second.

We are planning a trip for 2024. Following.

Second the recommendation for Hotel 7. Good location, nice rooms, friendly staff, and reasonably priced.

If you’re staying near Temple Bar, bring ear plugs.

Oh, that bad? Music noise or screaming and yelling? Had that in Victoria, London last year. Noise outside was incredible at night. Seemed like they never sleep!

Oh, that bad? Music noise or screaming and yelling? Had that in Victoria, London last year. Noise outside was incredible at night. Seemed like they never sleep!

Yes - very loud yelling and screaming out in the street. We asked to change rooms, but the front desk gave us ear plugs. I can’t remember the hotel, but I’ll check and add to this post if I find it

ETA - the hotel where we stayed was the Temple Bar Hotel - lots of loud partiers in the streets. Which was ok when we were with them, but not when we wanted to sleep at 2 am.

Last edited:
Yes - very loud yelling and screaming out in the street. We asked to change rooms, but the front desk gave us ear plugs. I can’t remember the hotel, but I’ll check and add to this post if I find it

Well, it’s Ireland! I’d definitely not enjoy that

Agree about not staying in the Temple Bar area, noise, crowds, drunks and higher crime simply because it's a tourist magnet. The Brooks Hotel I mentioned is an easy and safe walk away. Obviously there are other hotels outside of the Temple Bar area worth staying at.

Wynn's Hotel.

Great stay, wonderful breakfast.

Just got back this week from 16 day self driving tour in Ireland. I stayed 3 days at the Arlington Hotel. Great location next to O'Connell Bridge and walking to virtually every attraction, including Trinity College, Temple Bar, The Cobblestone, Brazen Head, Guinness Storehouse and Jamison.

Just returned from Dublin yesterday-went for a long weekend -stayed at Dublin City Center Travelodge. Perfect central location. Walkable to everywhere -near bus station for Dublin Express to/from airport and Pearse 'train' station. Went to St Anne's park for concert festival Sat night, walked around city and then Temple Bar area that night (it's mainly tourist there). Galway is smaller, more walkable and the musicians in bars pkay more traditional Irish music, unlike Dublin and Temple Bar area. Great bakery we found was 41 Bakery....enjoy your time in Ireland.

We've stayed at the Ashling Hotel, due to it being just across the street/river from Heuston station. It is not as centrally located as some, but if you are taking a train somewhere, it is ideal. Also, the Nancy Hands pub (very good) is just a couple doors down.

Back
Top Bottom