How cold is it?

It was -9 when I got up, with a -38 wind chill..........

Snowbirding in sunny AZ...temp at Noon (SMT) is 51 degrees and full sunshine. ;) Temp is supposed to fall to about 32 degrees tonight.

High today 33, STILL WINDY (how I hate wind!), with forecast of MORE WIND tonight and snow showers tonight with a low of 12. Did I say how I HATE WIND?:rant:

High today 33, STILL WINDY (how I hate wind!), with forecast of MORE WIND tonight and snow showers tonight with a low of 12. Did I say how I HATE WIND?:rant:

It was 40 with gusty bone-chilling winds in the dark as I set out for work at 5:30 this morning. Time to get out my brand new $34.99 (list $159.99)Columbia waterproof, warm jacket! Staying nice and warm in that new jacket made it all a lot better (except for the w*rk part). We are to expect a high around 50.

South Central Wisconsin

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica] Temperature [/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica] 1.9 F (-16.7 C) [/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica] Windchill [/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica] -13 F (-25 C)[/FONT]-->This is as of 2:30 p.m.

[SIZE=+1]REST OF TODAY[/SIZE]
BITTERLY COLD. BECOMING PARTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS AROUND 6.
WEST WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH. WIND CHILL READINGS 15 BELOW TO 25 BELOW
ZERO.

This morning at around 8:30 a.m., while catching the bus, it was -25 F with the windchill factor.

I tried to drive the car because I hated the thought of being out waiting for the bus. Car started but I gave up on scraping the ice off it so I took the bus, which came by promptly.

Dropped from 52F to 12F early this morning, Wind howling all night; gusting to 60mph. Trees and wires down in area. Only damage here was neighbor's shingles bouncing off the siding; one barely missed the bathroom window.

I'm not a quantifier but here's an estimate: This week has been pretty much "one dog nights," I wear gloves but don't need the old ear muffs yet.

Yesterday it got up to 54° by 1pm, by 3pm it was down to 25° with 25-35mph NW-N winds. By 8pm it was down to 7° with 35-40mph sustained winds and gusts over 50mph. The temperature continued dropping to a low of 1°, and the winds remained high like that until just pre-dawn when they dropped to 20mph with 25mph gusts. We also got a whopping 1/4" of snow out of it....but it all blew of of the cars, roadways, and sidewalks as it fell!

Today it has gotten up to 18°, the sun has been shining brightly, and the wind has subsided. It's been nice out today!

Yesterday: high of 49, sunny and clear.
Overnight: temp rapidly dropped to single digits, wind gusts up to 55 mph, wind chill about 5 below zero.
Today: high of 17, still windy but becoming calmer.
Tonight: predicted low of 5.
Thursday - Friday: SNOW predicted with up to 10" in some areas (like my neighborhood, probably.)

Like they say, if you don't like the weather, wait 10 minutes. The older I get, the less I like winter weather.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom