How did I get a cold? Not fair!

Fermion

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
This cold is getting worse. I think I must have caught it on Monday when we went grocery shopping at Safeway. That has been our only human contact in over a week.

Totally not fair that I avoid all human contact and yet get a cold. It should happen to those who have to work and go to school where they interact with many more people. On reflection that may have sounded a bit selfish...

But seriously. I even use the hand wipes at the door to completely wipe down the cart.

This cold is getting worse. I think I must have caught it on Monday when we went grocery shopping at Safeway. That has been our only human contact in over a week.

Totally not fair that I avoid all human contact and yet get a cold. It should happen to those who have to work and go to school where they interact with many more people. On reflection that may have sounded a bit selfish...

But seriously. I even use the hand wipes at the door to completely wipe down the cart.

Did you eat the store home made soup?

Thank you for sharing. Misery loves company.

For me right now, it is Mentholatum, Kleenex, Afrin twice a day, Niquil around 2AM each morning. Repeat.

Surely, tomorrow will be better....and I re-avow to never again under-appreciate feeling fine.

Hope you feel good soon!

Now that's my idea of a great week! Bet you had lots of fun at home, doing whatever you wanted without interruption.

As for the cold, could it be sinuses or allergies? Could your mailman have sneezed on your junk mail? There must be a reason. Either that, or maybe you are just dreadfully unlucky.

Sorry you are feeling rotten.

Despite the call to "wash hands" and use wipes, etc. You can still get a cold by just being near a germ spreader.

Stop breathing: no cold.

I just got one a few days ago and thought the same thing. It is already pretty much over so I'm good to go.

Thanks for the kind words and I hope you others who are down with a cold or flu get better soon also!

I really did not think about it but I guess we probably have at least 5 or 10 members at any one time who have a cold.

Why can't Gilead find a cure for the cold? They are the virus killer king!

Thanks for the kind words and I hope you others who are down with a cold or flu get better soon also!

Remember the old wisdom:

Take care of your cold, get plenty of rest, drink fluids, take your cold medicine, and you should be rid of it within seven days.

Otherwise, if you do nothing it's likely to hang on for a week.
:D

I was getting regular colds for many years, and they always turned into bronchitis and lasted for weeks. About four years ago we installed some heavy duty air purifiers in our home and we run them all the time. Maybe it's just a coincidence, but I have not had a cold since then.

I guess it is possible the air filters allow your immune system to toughen up such that it can fight off the virus when you are exposed but it would seem you should still be able to catch a cold when you are out and about and touching things. (Or breathing. I have to try that not breathing thing)

I was getting regular colds for many years, and they always turned into bronchitis and lasted for weeks. About four years ago we installed some heavy duty air purifiers in our home and we run them all the time. Maybe it's just a coincidence, but I have not had a cold since then.
I have never had an air purifier, but my daughter and SIL have a big heavy duty one like yours. She lives in Portland, Oregon, where she says the air has been terribly smoky this year due to the forest fires up there. She says the air purifier has been very helpful and makes it much easier for her to breathe.

Yes, she sometimes tends to be a "delicate flower" and so I suspect it may not be an absolute necessity. Still, I think that if I lived in a community that is sometimes affected by forest fires, I'd get one too.

It might help in removing any pollen that gets past the AC system, too.

Avoiding human contact might be part of the problem. When you do get exposed to people, like at a grocery store, your immune system may not be as tolerable to the germs compared to if you are exposed to people day to day.

I think air purifiers help so much. Each night I have two running along the bedsides and also a ceiling fan. If I don't have the purifiers on, can feel a big difference in stuffiness by morning.

Back
Top Bottom