How Observant are You? Test

17, but it wasn't a very good test. Even though I got the fan rotation right (50-50 chance - big deal!), it was just weird to give the reference (as you face it), in the answer, not in the question. Maybe I used the wrong ref for the merry-go-round (I got that one wrong).

The one about the FM band is stated oddly. What is the lowest whole number?, Well the band goes down to 87.8, the center frequency of the lowest channel is 87.9 - the choices were 87, 88, 89 so I said 87. Why is 88 correct? Should they have said round number?

What is a Whole Number?

I.

So, 87 is the whole number portion of 87.8. And there is no 88.0, they are all odd numbers. So by that definition, there are no whole numbers on the dial.

And venetian blind cords? I was able to set mine to either side pull. I don't play cards, missed that one.

But the average is 7 :confused: C'mon.

-ERD50

Well, I won't argue about the quality of the test. Between the toilet, fan, and venetian blind questions I give it a low score. But the radio question is definitely valid. It definitely said dial, not digital readout. There's definitely an 88 on the dial, and it's definitely the lowest whole number. I missed it too, because I was thinking lowest number (not whole number),

As far as why the average is 7, I suspect it's partially because people don't read well.

I do think the venetian blind question does not have an exact answer. My blinds have the controls on the right because that was what I specified when I ordered them. Looking at comments on a Google search some people remarked that their ceiling fan can go either direction. Bottom line is that a number of the questions are suspect and don't really have just one answer.

Well, I won't argue about the quality of the test. Between the toilet, fan, and venetian blind questions I give it a low score. But the radio question is definitely valid. It definitely said dial, not digital readout. There's definitely an 88 on the dial, and it's definitely the lowest whole number. I missed it too, because I was thinking lowest number (not whole number),

As far as why the average is 7, I suspect it's partially because people don't read well.

I probably was thinking lowest channel #, and I think it did say 'dial',but even that I took as the lowest channel # on the dial. Like the announcers say "Tune to 97.9 FM on your radio dial", but there isn't a 97.9 on the dial. But even with the word "dial", my old receiver has an analog dial, but it moves a pointer on a scale. I actually thought it spelled out each number, including 87.9, but it does stop at the round # of 88. And some digital radios have dials that you turn and it displays the number on the readout. Isn't that 'on the dial' then?

So yeah, poor test.

On a positive note, there were a couple good ones. I had to stop and think about pencil sides. Got it right, but I thought that was a good example of everyday items that we see but don't observe.

-ERD50

heh heh heh

[-]Ah ha...a big green grin is my prize? Woo hoo...lucky me! [/-]:LOL:

--------------------------------------

Eh...I had to edit my response as there was more added to the 'Yes' reply.

So now I wish to say with the addition, I prefer a :D to a :sick:.

Guess I'm the Village Idiot here having the lowest score. Somebody isn't observant obviously...:whistle: Oh well, can't be good at everything..:LOL:

Greetings from another Village Idiot, here in Spain:). But then, many of the questions were specially directed at you USA citizens:cool:

i knew nobody in this group was average and this test proved it... 7 really:confused:?

oooohh I got 18

Not very good. But I got the important question correct - what side of a woman's blouse are the buttons on. Somethings you learn early in life and never forget. >:D

I had to close my eyes and wiggle my fingers to make sure I had that one right. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom