How to add minor accounts to TreasuryDirect

RenoJay

Full time employment: Posting here.
Hi. Drawn by the interest rate, I decided I want to put funds in my kids' names into i-Bonds at TreasuryDirect.gov. I searched and realized I'm supposed to created Linked Accounts for them under my account. But after searching for an hour, I literally cannot find WHERE to do on on their site. I'm supposedly looking for a tab called "ManageDirect" but for the life of me I cannot find it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you. I had no problem opening up my own account. The issue was finding the link (I still haven't found it) for a "Linked Account" so that I can buy I-bonds in my kids' names. Do you happen to know where on their site to do that? I've found the instructions for doing it and they say the following. My issue is that I cannot find the "ManageDirect" tab anywhere.

* Click the ManageDirect tab at the top of the page.
* Under the heading Manage My Linked Accounts, click*"Establish a Minor Linked Account".

When I log in to my account the "ManageDirect" tab is at the top of the page:

Attachments

• TD.JPG
    TD.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 15
Thank you. I had no problem opening up my own account. The issue was finding the link (I still haven't found it) for a "Linked Account" so that I can buy I-bonds in my kids' names. Do you happen to know where on their site to do that? I've found the instructions for doing it and they say the following. My issue is that I cannot find the "ManageDirect" tab anywhere.

* Click the ManageDirect tab at the top of the page.
* Under the heading Manage My Linked Accounts, click*"Establish a Minor Linked Account".

For me, the "Manage Direct" tab is the 4th (blue) tab from the left. Upon login, I get directed to the first tab (My account) screen. The second is "Buy Direct", and the third is "Current Holdings". The Fourth is "Manage Direct".

Maybe you have an unusual account type or something, so you get different screens? I don't know. I WILL say that the TD website is extremely poorly designed and very non-intuitive, so I'm not surprised that you are having problems. On the upside, I have found that when I call them, I tend to get very competent assistance - and usually, the wait is not terribly long.

For me, the "Manage Direct" tab is the 4th (blue) tab from the left. Upon login, I get directed to the first tab (My account) screen. The second is "Buy Direct", and the third is "Current Holdings". The Fourth is "Manage Direct".

Maybe you have an unusual account type or something, so you get different screens? I don't know. I WILL say that the TD website is extremely poorly designed and very non-intuitive, so I'm not surprised that you are having problems. On the upside, I have found that when I call them, I tend to get very competent assistance - and usually, the wait is not terribly long.

THANK YOU!!! It's bizarre...I was staring at the site for an hour and couldn't see that. As soon as you told me where to look, I found it. I really appreciate the help.

Back
Top Bottom