How To View an I-Bond's Base Rate?

NoiseBoy

Full time employment: Posting here.
I can generally find or figure out what I need to do on TreasuryDirect's website, but I'm completely stumped on this one. How do I see the base rate for each of my I-bonds? Can someone please post the bread crumb "what to click" trail for me?

FYI - I have several older bonds with a 0% base rate and my plan is to sell them in turn, starting with the newest bond, and then re-invest the $10k into a new I-bond.

Check out https://eyebonds.info/ibonds/home10000.html

For an i-bond bought in Dec 2023, the fixed rate is 1.3%. The semi-annual inflation rate is 1.97% and the composite rate is 5.27%

((1+1.97%)*(1+1.97%))-1 + 1.3% = 5.27%

Thanks for that. I was also just on Treasury Direct yesterday trying to figure out which of my older ibonds had zero base rates. I couldn't find it anywhere, nor the base rates on the non-zero ones. Base rate is not listed in the individual bond info.

I can generally find or figure out what I need to do on TreasuryDirect's website, but I'm completely stumped on this one. How do I see the base rate for each of my I-bonds? Can someone please post the bread crumb "what to click" trail for me?

FYI - I have several older bonds with a 0% base rate and my plan is to sell them in turn, starting with the newest bond, and then re-invest the $10k into a new I-bond.

Do you mean the fixed rate? You can look up by when you bought it on this giant Treasury Direct PDF. https://treasurydirect.gov/files/savings-bonds/i-bond-rate-chart.pdf

Yes, hile the OP used the term base rate I think they meant the fixed rate since they said that they had a number of i-bonds with a 0% base rate.

Yes, I meant to say the fixed rate. I was sure that, at one time, I had looked at a page on TD that showed the fixed and current rates for each of my I-bonds, but maybe that was a dream. I will use the charts in the links provided to figure out which of my I-bonds to re-invest. Thanks for the help.

Yes, I meant to say the fixed rate. I was sure that, at one time, I had looked at a page on TD that showed the fixed and current rates for each of my I-bonds, but maybe that was a dream. I will use the charts in the links provided to figure out which of my I-bonds to re-invest. Thanks for the help.

No, TD only shows the current rate. They do show the purchase month which will help with the tables.

Back
Top Bottom