How to find an oral surgeon who takes Medicare

spncity

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Well, I'd like to find a good one that take Medicare (for medical procedures). The dentist had two recommendations, but they don't take Medicare.

Suggestions?

Hi - not a dental thing. A medical procedure.

I don't think you can do anything but call them. Describe what you need done, ask if it's covered by Medicare, and whether they accept it. This is information that isn't really discoverable any other way.

That's what I was afraid of. I have started calling around and leaving messages. Thanks everyone.

Do you have a university dental school clinic within driving distance? Ours does lots of Medicaid work because they will take the pittance that Medicaid pays, so they may accept your insurance situation too. They also run several remote clinics at various smaller towns around the state.

Have you checked the Medicare web site? There are Oral Surgeons who accept Medicare. Go to Medicare.gov, in the upper right click on Providers and Services. There is a search engine by city/zip code, provider type, and keyword. Use 'Oral Surgeon' as your keyword search.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom