How would you create $1000 a month new cashflow in current markets

In the past month I've been putting this income portfolio together, right now it's generating $850/mo, looking to add another 2 issues that will get me to $1000 on around a 70k outlay

9lcpxs.jpg

Thanks for the ideas! Not a bad little mix for a small portion of your portfolio in high yield

Thanks for the ideas! Not a bad little mix for a small portion of your portfolio in high yield
I am familiar with a few of those. Yes, the yields are high, but they are very volatile. I am not sure if any of those have been tested in a true bear market. I wouldn't put more than 5 or 6% of my portfolio in total in any of them.

That way if the SHTF you can survive. Otherwise you are really gambling, especially with the market at all time highs. But yes, the yields are compelling, just be careful, you can get burned with these.

I am familiar with a few of those. Yes, the yields are high, but they are very volatile. I am not sure if any of those have been tested in a true bear market. I wouldn't put more than 5 or 6% of my portfolio in total in any of them.

That way if the SHTF you can survive. Otherwise you are really gambling, especially with the market at all time highs. But yes, the yields are compelling, just be careful, you can get burned with these.

I understand they are high risk, I've done all the due diligence that I know how, most of these issues have been pretty beat up and I was value shopping when I happened onto them.

Fully Agree, which is why I said "small portion"!

I understand they are high risk, I've done all the due diligence that I know how, most of these issues have been pretty beat up and I was value shopping when I happened onto them.
Okay. I am not against them. I own one myself. But it is a very small position, so I won't get hurt if things go south.

and I agree that a correction at some point is a distinct possibility.... but giving up 8 years of gains is beyond remote other than perhaps in 97guns' mind.... I sort of thought that you were being misquoted and am glad that you clarified it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom