Howdy!!!!

1242Vintage

Full time employment: Posting here.
Hello. At 54 y.o. and with a 32-year career behind me, next Friday I’ll be among the retired. Wife (retired last month) and I have planned and saved many years for an early retirement and now it is here.

Kids (3) are through college and launched into adult hood and now it’s just the two of us again, just like it was when we were first married. It’s beautiful.

In the near term looking forward to wrapping up the remaining remodel projects on the family home so we can get it on the market and downsize, taking care of some deferred maintenance at my father-in-laws place, and helping my disabled little brother with some work on his house. After those projects are done, I’ll start on a complete gut and rebuild of a smaller home for us that I currently have rented out.

I’m also an amateur bicycle racer, mountain bike, gravel road races, and some crazy heart pounding fun format called cyclocross. Racing and training for racing has kept me fit and healthy through the years.

We love to travel and have taken many fun trips across the U.S., Canada, Mexico, and Central America. Looking forward to venturing further and for longer stretches now that we are retired.

Will enjoy the sage advice of you veteran retirees as we transition into our new work-free lifestyle.

Living the dream!

Cheers.

The student becomes the teacher

Will enjoy the sage advice of you veteran retirees as we transition into our new work-free lifestyle.

It sounds like you've done a great job and you know what you're doing going forward. Forget about that "enjoy the sage advice" stuff; you should be the one dispensing the advice! :)

Welcome to the forum. I look forward to reading your future posts.

Well done. Congrats. :clap: Would love to see your numbers as I am approx the same demographic.

Welcome to our wonderful forum. Married people (or live in partners) can have the best years of their lives after the children are launched, especially in their 50's and 60's.
Enjoy!!!!!

Congrats Vintage on your early retirement. It is everything you make of it, and it sounds like you will make it special. :dance:

VW

Greetings!

And, Bravo! Seems you have done quite well for yourself.

Congrats and welcome to the free zone. :clap: I'm coming up on year one. Much more awesome than I imagined.

I spent my last decade at w*rk as a project manger. Stress was omnipresent and only varied in magnitude. Here's what's stressing me at the moment. Do I take a nap before or after knocking down some dust bunnies on the ceiling? :D

Welcome aboard.

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

My office is cleaned out, except for a couple things that I need for my last week, and it’s done!

Take a picture as you leave. My DH got the guard at the gate to take a pic of him leaving. It was great.

Couple of departing pictures are a good idea. My lovely wife is meeting me for lunch on my last day and will have her take a couple pictures as I depart on Friday. Those will be a good keepsakes.

They will be as you leave in disbelief and laugh all the way off the property to celebrate.

Back
Top Bottom