Hydrogen Peroxide, toothpaste, hair

camfused

Full time employment: Posting here.
Hey. So, I have been using a whitening toothpaste for about a week now, in an effort to whiten my teeth a bit. I have noticed that my white beard around my mouth is turning back to its original red/orange color. The toothpaste has hydrogen peroxide (and a bunch of other stuff) in it, and I was wondering if that might be causing my hair to revert to its younger color.

Has anyone played around with 3% hydrogen peroxide on their white beard to see if it restores the color? Maybe I should just smear toothpaste all over my beard, lol.

Hydrogen peroxide is a bleach, which removes hair pigment, and also opens the hair follicle to accept pigment from another source (this is what happens when people go to the salon to get a different hair color). Something else must be adding color to your beard. Have you eaten or drunk anything with a gold or reddish color to it?

(If there were a chemical that made white hair go back to its original, natural color, it would be big news! And there wouldn't be any more blue-haired old ladies, unless they wanted blue hair for their latest punk band tour).

https://www.lorealparisusa.com/beau...r/what-does-hydrogen-peroxide-do-to-hair.aspx

Maybe I should just smear toothpaste all over my beard, lol.

Yes, that's the right thing to do. Be sure to use plenty, and work it into a lather, getting it into every hair. Don't dilute it with water or anything else. By applying toothpaste to your beard at least several times a day for a period of 6-8 weeks, you should notice ...

Hmm. Or maybe not.
:LOL:

Redheads are an odd lot, an odd 5% of the population in USA.
Redheads w/blue or green eyes are an exceptionally particular lot.

:LOL: Like George Carlin I can say that,..having been a strawberry blond youth myself.
I have no heirs' that turned it white to begin with!:D

All mentioned in jest.....:cool:but twoo.

Have you been eating spaghetti recently :confused:

Yes, but had not noticed any change with previous spaghetti eating experiences. Is there evidence that tomato sauce will stain a beard red?

Yes, but had not noticed any change with previous spaghetti eating experiences. Is there evidence that tomato sauce will stain a beard red?

Put peroxide on your beard to bleach it then start coloring all your food with blue food coloring to see if your beard turns blue.

90 degrees to the discussion: Good friend had all white beard. One day, his old color started to come back! No peroxide or colorings. He's now mostly old color. Strange because I thought loss of pigment was permanent (sure has been for me but YMMV.)

FYI, I finally decided that the toothpaste was actually not doing anything to my beard. It was just naturally showing some original color sometimes.

But, I did decide to use 100% pure henna on my beard. Can't get pics to show up, for some reason. I left the henna in for 15 minutes, instead of the normal 2 hours, since I just want to add back in some color. I'm happy.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom