I Cannot Reccomend AlternateTo Software Site Anymore

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I used to swear by and recommend to crowdsourced alternative to software website. Just type in a program and the site searches of similar programs. Was the best thing since sliced bread.

But now, still has the same features but I find the new navigating around the site unfriendly.

So many sites have a well designed look only to then mess things up :facepalm:.

Banks tend to do that all the time and don't get me started on the new look of Facebook.

Guess I'll be looking for an alternative to Alternateto :blush:.

They changed, but don't see any issues with using it.

Still works, but I miss the older more organized (to me) format :blush:.

Seems like I have to hunt around there more.

I used to like sites that recommended free or open source alternatives to expensive software packages. For example, there a several free Microsoft Office alternatives that serve my purposes just fine. There are others like Gimp instead of Adobe Photoshop.

Still works, but I miss the older more organized (to me) format :blush:.

Seems like I have to hunt around there more.
Perhaps it's all the ads they've added now that's causing screen to be cluttered. But I just type in the program name and then scroll down to see the selection. I believe they also show reviews now which makes the options less straight forward from the UI. I don't remember those being shown before. But it's a great site, but if there's another option it would be good to know.

I used to like sites that recommended free or open source alternatives to expensive software packages. For example, there a several free Microsoft Office alternatives that serve my purposes just fine. There are others like Gimp instead of Adobe Photoshop.

Perhaps it's all the ads they've added now that's causing screen to be cluttered. But I just type in the program name and then scroll down to see the selection. I believe they also show reviews now which makes the options less straight forward from the UI. I don't remember those being shown before. But it's a great site, but if there's another option it would be good to know.

On their site, used to easily choose platform (like Win, Mac, Linux) and payment like open source, free, paid. Still can but more hidden.

On their site, used to easily choose platform (like Win, Mac, Linux) and payment like open source, free, paid. Still can but more hidden.
Not sure what's hidden. There's an option to select your filters. One is by platform, lots of options to choice from. Also by features and license type. Seems pretty easy and straight forward to me. Is there something I'm missing? Screenshot_20210309-224604_Chrome.jpg

Hidden probably too strong a word. IMO, not as easy to find as before.

I'm not ready to say bye-bye just now to the site. But am having wandering eyes.

Okay. I looked again (on PC). Guess not so bad so I can recommend again :).

I actually like the use of the filtering. Don't know if that feature was on the old look and I just never noticed or used. Or if this is new.

Back
Top Bottom