I Hate Shopping

Lakewood90712

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Except for the Lumber Yard ( Real Lumber Yard, not Home Depot or Lowes ) and small mom n pop specialty shops.

Online ordering is a dream come true for my lazy ass. I dread the big box stores from the driveway on. When I do enter such , prefer Sam's club over Costco, because the place is empty on the weekdays.

Except for the Lumber Yard ( Real Lumber Yard, not Home Depot or Lowes ) and small mom n pop specialty shops.

Online ordering is a dream come true for my lazy ass. I dread the big box stores from the driveway on. When I do enter such , prefer Sam's club over Costco, because the place is empty on the weekdays.

+1

I bet I hate shopping worse then you. LOL I do like to look around Good Will stores and home made creations from Ma and Pa shops but that is it.

I fondly remember shopping on Amazon via 56K baud modem. PJ's, tumbler of Maker's in hand. Point, click, ship. Gift wrapping option? Check. Life had evolved. No holiday traffic, parking, crowds. Just digital bliss (and whisky).

Prior to that, doing college research via QuantumLink w/Grollier's on-line encyclopedia. Nearest B&M library - 20+ miles in MA winter (at night). F that.

Some of us remember the Dark Ages.

I was going to make a joke about ordering all my lumber through amazon, but I see you can do that. Figures.

About the only shopping I enjoy is for food.

Both of us hate shopping. When then DW-to-be and I were dating she came over to the house for dinner and a movie, and at some point I mentioned that her jeans had a hole worn in the fabric. Her response was "Yes, I know, but I hate shopping".

So I immediately fell to my knees and proposed.

Well, it wasn't quite that way, but I do remember it made an impression.:smitten:

I hardly ever go to B&M stores anymore. Today I did stop by an Autozone store for some engine oil and anti-seize compound just because I was driving right past it en route to elsewhere but otherwise I'd have bought it online. I think the last time I was in a B&M store was about six months to a year ago, I'm not really sure.

I consider myself a buyer, not a shopper. No one knows what I need like myself.

My wife drug me to the big factory outlet mall 2 days ago, and I thought I was going to have a panic attack.

If I cannot get it online, it's probably not needed. If it's not needed, I don't buy it.

My wife drug me to the big factory outlet mall 2 days ago, and I thought I was going to have a panic attack.

If I cannot get it online, it's probably not needed. If it's not needed, I don't buy it.

+1

Typically, men are buyers and women are shoppers.

Almost always buy stuff from Amazon, etc online. But I do shop at hardware stores, Menards/Home Depot every couple of days during home remodel projects. And a hardwood lumber dealer on occasion. I enjoy shopping at these places.

Seldom go to a clothing or grocery store - only with DW, and I usually surf internet/ check email the whole time I'm there. So I'm occupied while she shops. I would hate to go in these stores without my phone to get me through.

Last edited:
But I do shop at hardware stores, Menards/Home Depot every couple of days during home remodel projects. And a hardwood lumber dealer on occasion. I enjoy shopping at these places.

When my dad goes to the HD, I tell my mom not to ask how long he'll be gone, it's like a whole space/time/continuum thing in some sections.

I also hate to shop - ie, browse around the mall - that's time wasted and usually fruitless. My mom and sister can go together for hours, I absolutely cannot go shopping with someone else. I like to be targeted, and even if browsing I'm hitting 5 specific stores, surgically, and then I am done.

My girlfriend hates shopping more than me. 2 weeks ago I watched her buy 4 clothes items and 2 pairs of boots for her daughter for Christmas at 3 different stores ...it took her less than a half hour :smitten:

Yesterday we were forced to go to the grocery store (Sunday after Christmas) due to poor planning, then I had to get gas, and go to Home Depot. While I took it in good humour, I thought she would snap :LOL:

I don't enjoy shopping in the store or online. It is just a chore, and returns make it worse.

I loathe grocery stores and grocery shopping.

What I need is a butler, who will assess my needs, memorize my measurements, intuit my tastes, and present me with an assortment of items from which to choose, in the comfort of my home. This will no doubt become possible at the same time as I get my housecleaning robot (and I don't mean a Roomba) and my flying car!

I'm a confessed online shopper also. And now I order my groceries online and just drive up and they load them. So sweet! No impulse buys. I also like price shopping and Amazon is not always cheaper. I use eBates for cash back as much as possible. Also Honey. If there are coupons or discounts, those usually get flagged and entered to my cart automatically. Was surprised to buy some slippers yesterday- was just about to finalize from Lands End and then checked Amazon. Lands End was selling the exact same thing for a few dollars cheaper - plus my free shipping from Amazon.

I don't mind shopping when I have a list. An amazing thing is the folks who ask, "May I help you?" and I answer, "Absolutely, here's what I'm looking for." And I give them the list. They are always helpful and I don't get the run-around. It is amazing how friendly and nice they all want to be to me. I like it. A few times, they even say things like, "Tell the cashier that Bob said to mark this off by 20%." So I do and for some reason the cashier accepts this mysterious request from a Bob.

Are you pleased with the produce they select for you?

The local box store offers "order online, pickup in store" but they are not the most efficient, customer-friendly people in the world. I am pretty sure they aren't selective, just grab what's on top, even if there's a bruised item in the bag, which I would have detected.

E
And now I order my groceries online and just drive up and they load them.

I don't mind shopping and I love to "people watch"!
That said, I do try to avoid big crowds.

I don't enjoy shopping in the store or online. It is just a chore, and returns make it worse.

I loathe grocery stores and grocery shopping.

What I need is a butler, who will assess my needs, memorize my measurements, intuit my tastes, and present me with an assortment of items from which to choose, in the comfort of my home. This will no doubt become possible at the same time as I get my housecleaning robot (and I don't mean a Roomba) and my flying car!

I think you can order one of these models on Amazon :

My Mom and Pop village hardware store just closed. I liked shopping there even though it was slightly more expensive (but really, no gas to get to HD, no checkout line, true services and advice probably made cheaper overall.). It was the last place I looked forward to shopping at.

+1

I've had panic attacks from crowded places. I've left more than one cart in Walmart and ran out the door.

Don't know why but I enjoy grocery shopping. (I do go in off-peak hours and Costco, where I do much of it, manages its lines well.)

Clothes- don't buy much although I found a couple of companies that make clothes in the US and spent a few hundred $$ with them this past year.

Boots and shoes- I really need to try them on and see where they were made. I've found a great boot store near me and that may be my new vice- I love boots.

I stay out of malls and big box stores if I can- too much of the same stuff, all cheaply made in countries with poor working conditions and the clothing is made for 20-somethings. An exception is Chico's and I go there (to the sale racks) when I want to splurge.

I don't mind shopping as long as I know what I'm going for. I'm not the type to go to a store and browse in hopes I'll find something.

Most of the shopping I do locally is at Home Depot or Lowes, as I'm going after something we need. I also visit the local mom and pop hardware store occasionally as they usually have the bolt or other part I need immediately to get something up and running again.

Otherwise, I tend to do most shopping online. I'm would rather wait a few days to receive something than make the drive across town only to discover they don't have what I'm looking for anyway.

Selection is one of the main reasons I shop online. It seems like every time I go to a local store they don't have the item I'm looking for. So it's usually just a wasted trip. It also seems like local stores only carry the cheapest low end models. I went to three different stores trying to find a toaster for my mom and all anyone had was a cheap 8 dollar piece of junk, or an 80 dollar computer controlled monstrosity. So, I ordered a basic toaster online from Amazon.

If a store has their inventory online, I'm more likely to make the drive knowing the item I want will be there when I arrive. Some stores are better at keeping their online inventory counts accurate. I hate making the drive only to discover they are out of the item the online site said they had five of!

Don't know why but I enjoy grocery shopping. (I do go in off-peak hours and Costco, where I do much of it, manages its lines well.)

Clothes- don't buy much although I found a couple of companies that make clothes in the US and spent a few hundred $$ with them this past year.

Boots and shoes- I really need to try them on and see where they were made. I've found a great boot store near me and that may be my new vice- I love boots.

I stay out of malls and big box stores if I can- too much of the same stuff, all cheaply made in countries with poor working conditions and the clothing is made for 20-somethings. An exception is Chico's and I go there (to the sale racks) when I want to splurge.

I too love grocery shopping, but I'm a speed shopper. I can get through Aldi's in 5 minutes flat most days--when all the old people are not yet there. I do use a written list, however.

Clothes--seldom need to buy clothes. I must still have 12 good pairs of jeans and 15-20 pairs of good khaki pants. I rotate through wearing them. I wear the same brand shoes year after year, but presently having problems finding them online in a Size 15.

We are fortunate to have a WalMart 2 minutes away, and it's my drive in market. I'm in there almost every day buying specific items. I never just look up and down the aisles.

Malls? Maybe 1x per year will I walk into our fine mall. Place looks funny without Sears. I also seldom go inside a drive in market for anything.

I shop when I have to do so. Usually for things that need to properly fit me or some object I am repairing. Other than that, I am a 'buyer'.

I do enjoy visiting Costco, which is about as close to shopping I get. I like their Treasure Hunt goods and occasionally will buy something unexpected that I find there. Usually, it is a gift for a beloved family member. Sometimes it is for myself. That is the main reason I may Blow the Dough.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom