I Hate Shopping

Mostly I'll echo the hate shopping, but I'm still grateful to know what abundance is available within 5 miles of my house; there must be 8 grocery stores, two malls, several warehouse stores, 4 big box hardware stores. All mostly ignored, but still appreciated.

Last good shopping experience was the new Lidl. They had a whole bunch of imported beer that I'd never heard of. It was fun to try them. There were hits and misses, but I found one that I think was comparable with a $5/bottle brand name for about $2/ bottle. Disoveries like that, and sharing those discoveries, can add a bit of interest to the otherwise dreary process of shopping.

Found myself needing to mail some prepaid USPS boxes and dreading taking to the post office. Discovered I can drop at Going Postal. No wait. Receipt in hand. 30 seconds. I may never go to a post office again

Found myself needing to mail some prepaid USPS boxes and dreading taking to the post office. Discovered I can drop at Going Postal. No wait. Receipt in hand. 30 seconds. I may never go to a post office again
Love my post office. Rarely busy and the lady at the desk is sweet as can be.

Ugh, I can’t shop anymore. I drive by our high end Towne Center and see the parking lots packed....not worth it. The hassle factor, gasoline, idiots, and time wasted is now beyond my ability to cope.

I love browsing Amazon, Tennis Warehouse, Tennis Express, Adidas, Guitar Center, wine shops .........and a simple click from my couch. A few days later, these boxes arrive at my door. It’s like Christmas. Sometimes I forget what all I ordered. Even more fun!

Fortunately I enjoy food and wine shopping, so the weekly, bi-weekly grocery shopping is never a burden.

But I can’t stand shopping for anything else, so keep it to an absolute minimum. Two years will go by between mall visits finally driven by necessity for specific new clothing that is too much hassle to order online, although I’ll order online when I can.

Oh yeah driving there and parking lots stink in general......

Last edited:
Are you pleased with the produce they select for you?

The local box store offers "order online, pickup in store" but they are not the most efficient, customer-friendly people in the world. I am pretty sure they aren't selective, just grab what's on top, even if there's a bruised item in the bag, which I would have detected.

E

I wonder too. I see employees with large multi shelf carts wandering our main grocery store these days and they seem to spend a lot of time in the produce section and look like conscientious young people. I’ll have to watch them pick produce sometime. I’m sure they’re not as picky as me, but maybe good enough?

That store is really working to ramp up their order for pickup business, so maybe they are careful.

Last edited:
I wonder too. I see employees with large multi shelf carts wandering our main grocery store these days and they seem to spend a lot of time in the produce section and look like conscientious young people. I’ll have to watch them pick produce sometime. I’m sure they’re not as picky as me, but maybe good enough? .

Produce and meat selection on online groceries ?: The order pull worker contacts the customer via Skype and lets the customer have a look. Not that far fetched for a retailer trying to dominate the business.

Produce and meat selection on online groceries ?: The order pull worker contacts the customer via Skype and lets the customer have a look. Not that far fetched for a retailer trying to dominate the business.

I online shop groceries and have been very pleased with the veg/fruit quality. Usually better than I see on the shelves. I heard they pick from the back rooms often times for the fresh stuff. Meats I still select myself and most come from Sams Club or the local butcher

Are you pleased with the produce they select for you?

The local box store offers "order online, pickup in store" but they are not the most efficient, customer-friendly people in the world. I am pretty sure they aren't selective, just grab what's on top, even if there's a bruised item in the bag, which I would have detected.

E

VERY pleased. Employees are super friendly and I have had no disappointments in 3 months. I use Walmart- employees hand picked for this position

I do most of my grocery shopping online, and pick them up at the store. The ~$3 I pay for an order of <$100 is worth what I don't spend in impulse buying when I take DH with me and he gets stuck in the bakery & booze sections. I am generally always pleased with the produce selections and on the rare occasion I haven't been, exchanges are quick and painless.

Amazon is glorious - I probably do 90% of my buying from there. I'd think "I need a powdered sugar shaker that isn't plastic but has a cover" and could spend all day driving around looking for one. Now I just look at Amazon's selection and choose the one I want. I have a "two store" rule. If I go two places and they don't have it, I order it from Amazon. I'm thinking my New Year's Resolution will be a "one store" rule.

And the best part is there are no crying babies sitting in carts when I shop on Amazon. ;) Don't get me wrong - I love babies. I just don't like shopping with them - my own, or anyone else's.

I also hate to shop - especially malls - I get claustrophobic !

I don't mind food shopping but DH likes to food shop so I usually send him with a list.

We both like thrift stores and sometimes go with a list ! We 'll be in SoCal soon where we have a favorite thrift store.

Back
Top Bottom