I swear I am growing moss on all my sides

We have had gorgeous days . Sunny ,high 70's and just perfect except for Tuesday when it poured and we had huge wind gusts . We lost power for four hours and our phone is still on the fritz.

I remember that, in a past post, the OP said he had to catch a ferry to go to Seattle to work (showing off my memory again ;) ).

There are places around the Puget Sound that have higher total rainfall than Seattle. I have read that the wind pattern around the Olympic mountain causes varying microclimates around it. For example, Sequim is significantly drier than Port Angeles, and the two towns are less than 20 miles apart.

I remember that, in a past post, the OP said he had to catch a ferry to go to Seattle to work (showing off my memory again ;) ).

There are places around the Puget Sound that have higher total rainfall than Seattle. I have read that the wind pattern around the Olympic mountain causes varying microclimates around it. For example, Sequim is significantly drier than Port Angeles, and the two towns are less than 20 miles apart.

Wow--good memory! Yes I do take the big boat to work in Seattle most days. Seattle is protected by the Olympics as is Sequim, they are both in the 'rain shadow'. But there are parts of the Olympics that get tons of water--thus the name Olympic Rain Forest! :ROFLMAO:

NW-Bound - I assume that stands for North West Bound? So does that mean you are heading up this way when you retire? If you are ever up this way, give me a shout and I will lay one of my home brews on you, then take you out for a real beer!

NW-Bound - I assume that stands for North West Bound?
Yes, it is. For many years, I thought I would retire up there. I even went up once, just to look at some homes in Port Ludlow. But I am not sure anymore; too many roots where I am now.

I have spent enough vacations up there, so do know a bit about the area. And thanks for the offer. I'll remember it when I get out of my INTJ mode.

Back
Top Bottom