If they’re not working, bottom line is they don’t want to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s actually very ironic but most of you are showing your judgemental tendency’s is judging me, do you really know I’m not kind?

It’s actually very ironic but most of you are showing your judgemental tendency’s is judging me, do you really know I’m not kind?
Aren't you being judgemental about us being judgemental about you being judgemental?

I will I could tell them apart just by looking, as you seem to be able to do.

The King said " whatever you do for the least of them, you also do for me."

Merry Christmas!
Murf

Ironically, it appears that those most deserving of assistance are the least likely to press for it, whereas the most aggressive panhandlers (e.g. The Shaky Lady in Toronto of some 15 years ago, who was reputed to be coining $1,000 a day through her 'act') are likely to be the frauds.

Me, I don't want to work! Yep, I'm a lazy SOB.

Whenever I think I'd like to game the system out of $20, though I never follow through. Too much trouble.

[mod edit]

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes the kindest thing to do is not to tolerate or subsidize bad behavior. We see a lot of threads here on family issues with similar behaviors and the general advice is not to tolerate it. It's recognized that enabling is not in the best interest of both parties. Why should strangers be treated any differently?

I have no problem with my tax dollars being used to operate homes and shelters for the truly needy that are unable to fend for themselves. And it is time to remove the people on the streets that will harm themselves or others and place them in environments where they can be cared for and not allowed to harm other people. A good example of why this is necessary is that guy in Connecticut that killed his mother and all those school children. For years, the mother tried to get him treated, with zero help.

The drug addicts, alcoholics and the bums need tough love. No, you can't camp on the streets or in the parks. No, you can't beg on the street corners. No, you will not commit petty theft and get away with it. Here are some choices for cleaning up. If you choose not to clean up, you can't stay here.

I am torn between "Let them eat cake" and "Bah Humbug". :nonono:

I think the OP was designed to elicit a strong response. I am not playing today. Maybe tomorrow.

I think the OP was designed to elicit a strong response. I am not playing today. Maybe tomorrow.

Nope, intent was to point out what I previously stated and nothing more, was looking for conversation in agreement or disagreement, nothing less and nothing more..... my signature alone gets enough of the haters riled up, all I have to do is post and by my numbers I rarely do that in comparison to some of the real “trolls” as I’ve been called here all too often

I prefer not to "enable", and it is called tough love for a reason. It's not easy to do. Seeing someone in tattered clothing, holding a piece of cardboard with HELP or HUNGRY scrolled on it is heart wrenching. Knowing that the cash I would give them, could possibly lead to the last shot of street drugs and that they could be found dead under a bridge is more heart wrenching (for me). My wife tolerates me on occasion stopping and getting a fast food meal and handing to to them. Yes, they say the money would be more help a lot of times, but some are appreciative.

I can live with that. I can't save the world, but I can give somebody on hard times a meal.

I won't contribute to their habit, or even potential habit and perhaps be party to their potential unintentional suicide, even if it is their "right to do what they want".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom