If you're an ER, do you own "his" and "hers" cars?

If you're an ER, do you own "his" and "hers" cars?

• Irrelevant-- we have fewer than two cars.

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • Don't care-- we choose according to other criteria.

Votes: 34 52.3%
  • It's my car and my spouse has to request permission to drive it.

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • It's her car when it's working and his when it's not working.

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
The accelerator (can't exactly call it a "gas pedal" anymore) is just a voting machine, not a throttle. And the brake pedal is actually connected to a dummy cylinder just so that you feel you're pushing against some feedback. Most of the acceleration & braking is done by the motor-generator (pushing electrons in the appropriate direction). Under normal use the brake pads don't even come into play until the car slows to 7 mph.

Nords,
I'd been wondering about that -- so add 'won't have to replace brakes very often' to the list of lower total cost of ownership. It felt so much like real brakes that I'd begun thinking the brake-generator thing didn't apply that much. Guess I should be hanging out more on the Prius forum.

In the Hubris department, ever since posting here that the Prius is My Car, my wife has started acting rather differently. I think it is the cost of refilling her Passat that is finally getting to her, (rather than her reading my posts here and getting even!) but she is arguably driving the Prius more than I during these past few weeks. She's arguing that I either get comfortable with this or find room in the budget for a second Prius. :bat:

btw, the sticker on the back bumper comes in some of the pricier package, if I'm thinking of the same thing. Even Toyota isn't immune to these marketing gimmicks.

The trunk on the XLR is REALLY small becasuse of the folding hard top.
The dogs would need to stay home... :(

I have an SRX and love it (so do the dogs :D ).

BTW, I also have an '02 Mustang GT vert (when I'm not with the dogs :rolleyes: ).

- Ron

Both cars are technically both of ours.
She doesn't drive the Civic coupe
We both drive the Subie Impreza.
I do catch her referring to the Impreza as hers occasionally - I let it slide

This is a picture I took yesterday of His & Hers Hummers on my street.

When I retired 11 months ago, we had three cars. Since then, I have sold one car.

Having two cars for us is a certain amount of overkill. We could get by with one car, but for right now, it's a luxury we can afford.

Most of our driving is with the near-new Altima. Good gas mileage. My wife picked the car out.

Our second car is really only used when the Altima is unavailable. It's my '88 Camaro convertible. I'm the orig owner. The top has been down for 4 years now. It's a stick shift, so wifey can't drive it. It's not in pristine condition, but it's nice. For whatever reason, my wife has not ridden in the Camaro for maybe 10 years.

If things get tough financially, or the Camaro scores a big repair bill, the Camaro may get sold off.

Back
Top Bottom