Inspirational - Motovational sites

dex

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Do you have any?

WOW 4 U Newsletter, Inspirational Words of Wisdom
WOW 4U Motivation for Your Week of November 24th, 2008
Inspirational Words of Wisdom

QUOTE of the WEEK:
"Once we discover how to appreciate the timeless values in our daily experiences, we can enjoy the best things in life."
Harry Hepner

THOUGHT for YOUR WEEK:
Affection Never Was Wasted
By Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Talk not of wasted affection!
affection never was wasted;
If it enrich not the heart of another,
It's waters returning back to
their springs,
like the rain shall fill them full of refreshment
That which the fountain sends
forth returns again to the fountain.

QUOTES for YOUR WEEK:
"The word 'appreciation' means to be thankful and express admiration, approval, or gratitude. It also means to grow or appreciate in value. As you appreciate life, you become more valuable—both to yourself and others."
Sara Paddison
"Appreciation can make a day - even change a life. Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary."
Margaret Cousins
"We must be willing to fail and to appreciate the truth that often life is not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be lived."
M. Scott Peck
"There has never been another you. With no effort on your part you were born to be something very special and set apart. What you are going to do in appreciation of that gift is a decision only you can make."
Dan Zadra
"One can never pay in gratitude: one can only pay 'in kind' somewhere else in life."
Anne Morrow Lindbergh
"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty; not on your past misfortunes of which all men have some."
Charles Dickens

Motivation & Inspiration from The Daily Motivator®
Why you must

If you wish to get something done, stop telling yourself why you can't. Begin telling yourself why you must. Of course there are obstacles to every achievement. Yet you can work through any obstacle when you have a clear and compelling reason to do so.
Zero in on that reason. Make it your priority to keep that reason ever present in your thoughts.
Though the challenges may be powerful, you can always make your purpose even more powerful. Keep telling yourself, again and again, why you must.
Make a solid connection between your actions and your purpose. That will cause your effectiveness to soar.
Remember always why you must. And you will.

http://www.thedashmovie.com/

I have a big box full of clippings from over the years.

(but first)
"I quote others only in order the better to express myself." Michel de Montaigne

Here are a few recent additions:

"When we are no longer able to change a situation -- we are challenged to change ourselves." Viktor Frankl

"Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time." Viktor Frankel

"A can of worms won't open itself." Unknown

"Don't bother me. I'm living happily ever after." Bumper Sticker

"Before the beginning of brilliance, there must be great chaos. Before a brilliant person begins something great, they must look foolish in the crowd." I Ching (Fu Hsi)

"My wife does all the driving -- I just get to hold the steering wheel." Unknown (but thought by many)

Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you have now was once among the things you only hoped for." Epicurus

"There's nothing sadder in the world than to awake Christmas morning and not be a child." Erma Bombeck

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A. Heinlein

"There is nothing with which every man is so afraid as getting to know how enormously much he is capable of doing and becoming." Siren Kierkegaard

"All know the way, but few actually walk it." Bodhidharma

"Wall Street never changes: The pockets change, the suckers change, the stocks change, but Wall Street never changes, because human nature never changes." Jesse Livermore

Very cool - new signature material :)

Back
Top Bottom