Institute for Supply Management/ISM

street

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
This report will be out next week most likely on Tuesday. Do any of you watch these number each month? The reason I asked is I know an investor and he watches this report each month. I did look it up and it does have some validity as a report for finical investing. I had never heard of it before.

I will start to buy next week and will do smaller amounts and watch and see investing for now.

Last edited:
Yes. I do watch these numbers, but often do not know what to do. Good or bad, is that already baked into the stock market? That's the difficult question.

The ISM number is considered one of the leading indicators of manufacturing activities, hence important. There are other aspects of the economy though, such as tourism, retail, agriculture, etc...

By the way, an equivalent Chinese number was reported yesterday. It was a tad lower than the number during the 2008-2009 global meltdown.

Last edited:
Interesting, and thanks NW-Bound.

Yes. I do watch these numbers, but often do not know what to do. Good or bad, is that already baked into the stock market? That's the difficult question.

The ISM number is considered one of the leading indicators of manufacturing activities, hence important. There are other aspects of the economy though, such as tourism, retail, agriculture, etc...

By the way, an equivalent Chinese number was reported yesterday. It was a tad lower than the number during the 2008-2009 global meltdown.

I agree that they are meaningful, but as a buy and hold investor, I do not try to predict the market.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom