iPad 2 help- how to use home network

bizlady

Full time employment: Posting here.
Bought an iPad2 this week- love it so far!

I have the Verizon wiFi-3G 32GB version, and see that I am on the Verizon netowrk when using (upper left corner).

When I go to settings, I can view my home wireless network under the wifi, and all the ip stuff is there. The wireless network works fine with my laptop.

What do I have to do to have my iPad default to the home network when I am home? Or am I misunderstaning something? I admit to being a litle technically challenged.

Go to "Settings" then to "Network" then to "wiFi" once you join that network next time you turn on the ipad you should be connected automatically. You may want to turn off the Verizon Network when using wifi...that way you aren't pushing data using the 3G service and your wifi is probably faster anyways. Use the 3G only when away from a wifi connection. Hope this helps.

This did help. I had to go to Cellular Data and turn that off.

Thanks

bizlady, how long did it take you to get your ipad 2? I want to order one of these for DW.

I bought it off the shelf. Best Buy and Verizon had them in stock.

Local Walmart had them $100 cheaper then anywhere, but were out of stock and could not say when they would be back in again.

I bought it off the shelf. Best Buy and Verizon had them in stock.

Local Walmart had them $100 cheaper then anywhere, but were out of stock and could not say when they would be back in again.

Thanks, I was under the impression there was several weeks lead time to get one.

I had to wait nearly two weeks when I ordered one from the Apple online store, but I think that delay is shorter now.

I asked this same question at an Apple store and was told that the pad defaults to using the wifi connection whenever available? That seems like a good approach and didn't see any way to control this through the settings.

Hey by the way, your iPad actually looks for a wireless network first, only going to cellular when there is no wireless. You will still see the little Verizon biz in the corner, but you are on wireless if it shows up in your settings.

Sometimes I will turn off the wireless if I'm in a place with sketchy wireless coverage to "force it" to use cellular. But otherwise it automatically goes to the wireless.

Whoops, just saw Dave's post...ditto!

You are going to love it. I am madly in love with mine!

Back
Top Bottom